iPhone VRs?

  • John Riley
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 9, 2008
      A question for Brian Greenstone of Pangea Software. I see you were
      up on stage at the Mac WWDC showing off how easy it was to get Cro
      Mag Rally up and running on the new version of the iPhone. Now that
      you are an iPhone expert, will we be seeing PangeaVR running on the
      iPhone soon? That would be sweet!

      John

      John Riley
      johnriley@...
      jriley@...

    • Henri Smeets
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 9, 2008
        Dou you mean an iPhone PanoViewer, I guess you missed CubeWorld, OpenGL
        accellerated, sensorcontrol, 'the whole shabang'! Works like a charm!
        Install the app from Ispazio. Here are some of my panoramas:

        http://www.lookaround.be/iphone/ijsbaan.zip icerink on the Amsterdam
        Leidseplein
        http://www.lookaround.be/iphone/Rieteilanden.zip Floating islands in Peru
        http://www.lookaround.be/iphone/Amstelveld.zip in Amsterdam square
        http://www.lookaround.be/iphone/wg-bassin.zip near Westergasfabriek
        Asmterdam
        http://www.lookaround.be/iphone/machu.zip Machu Picchu, Peru
        http://www.lookaround.be/iphone/nemo.zip Science museum Amsterdam
        http://www.lookaround.be/iphone/dalipool.zip Roof terrace Dali house in
        Cadaques

        unzip these and put the folders in the: /private/var/root/Media/CubeWorld
        directory

        Enjoy!

      • John Riley
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 9, 2008
          I did hear about that one, but it seemed like you had to do
          workarounds (like the placement of the files.) I am hoping for an
          application that John Q. Public (a novice) could download and then
          look at VRs over the web. Or a plugin to the browser on the iPhone
          (similar to the PangeaVR plugin for Safari on the Mac.) I also would
          be happy if the developer of CubeWorld followed up with it as a
          "legal" application now that Apple is opening up the SDK.

          Thanks,

          John

          John Riley
          johnriley@...
          jriley@...

          On Jun 9, 2008, at 4:25 PM, Henri Smeets wrote:

          > Dou you mean an iPhone PanoViewer, I guess you missed CubeWorld,
          > OpenGL
          > accellerated, sensorcontrol, 'the whole shabang'! Works like a charm!
          > Install the app from Ispazio. Here are some of my panoramas:
          >
          > http://www.lookaround.be/iphone/ijsbaan.zip icerink on the Amsterdam
          > Leidseplein
          > http://www.lookaround.be/iphone/Rieteilanden.zip Floating islands
          > in Peru
          > http://www.lookaround.be/iphone/Amstelveld.zip in Amsterdam square
          > http://www.lookaround.be/iphone/wg-bassin.zip near Westergasfabriek
          > Asmterdam
          > http://www.lookaround.be/iphone/machu.zip Machu Picchu, Peru
          > http://www.lookaround.be/iphone/nemo.zip Science museum Amsterdam
          > http://www.lookaround.be/iphone/dalipool.zip Roof terrace Dali
          > house in
          > Cadaques
          >
          > unzip these and put the folders in the: /private/var/root/Media/
          > CubeWorld
          > directory
          >
          > Enjoy!

        • Henri Smeets
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 9, 2008
            I agree to the fact that things could be more streamlined, perhaps the
            developer, Marco Giorgini, will update the tool but don't count on it, I
            think relatively few people use the app, should be more of course ;) Untill
            then.....
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 9, 2008
              Hello,

              Marco work on a version for the 2.0 firmware.
              please, be patient...

              Geo ( cubeWorld team)

              Le 9 juin 08 à 23:00, Henri Smeets a écrit :

              > I agree to the fact that things could be more streamlined, perhaps the
              > developer, Marco Giorgini, will update the tool but don't count on
              > it, I
              > think relatively few people use the app, should be more of course ;)
              > Untill
              > then.....

            • Henri Smeets
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 9, 2008
                Great news Geoffrey, looking forward to the new version! :clap: