Panorama Screensaver

  • hansklop
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 7, 2008
      Hi List,

      I am looking for a screensaver which can display panorama('s).
      Can anyone tell me where to find one? (Mac/win)

      Regards, Hans Klop
    • Milko K. Amorth
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 7, 2008
        Hi Hans,
        > I am looking for a screensaver which can display panorama('s).
        > Can anyone tell me where to find one? (Mac/win)

        Mac
        http://perso.wanadoo.fr/bruno.gaufier/xhtml/downloads.xhtml#xbMovieSaver
        Win
        http://www.devalvr.com/paginas/productos/index.html

        Both free. Work beautifly.

        Cheers, Milko

        --
        Milko K.Amorth
        ph:604.561.5101

        www.VRCanada.ca
        360° Immersive Imaging
        Skype: VRdundee

        Check out the new release of Lucid Flash Viewer in HD!
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 7, 2008
          On Saturday, June 07, 2008 at 7:04, Milko K. Amorth wrote:

          > Mac
          > http://perso.wanadoo.fr/bruno.gaufier/xhtml/downloads.xhtml#xbMovieSaver
          > Win
          > http://www.devalvr.com/paginas/productos/index.html

          ...and there should be some info on how to use Spi-V as a screensaver
          (with arbitrary movements) on fieldofview.nl At least Spi-V has a
          screensaver mode...

          best regards

        • Uri Cogan
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 7, 2008
            Milko K. Amorth wrote:

            > Hi Hans,
            > > I am looking for a screensaver which can display panorama('s).
            > > Can anyone tell me where to find one? (Mac/win)
            > >

            > Mac
            > http://perso.wanadoo.fr/bruno.gaufier/xhtml/downloads.xhtml#xbMovieSaver
            > <http://perso.wanadoo.fr/bruno.gaufier/xhtml/downloads.xhtml#xbMovieSaver>

            After installing xbMovieSaver 1.2.2 on my Mac, I received the message:

            "You cannot use the screen saver xbMovieSaver on this computer. Contact
            the developer of this software for a newer version."

            MacPro Dual-Core Intel Xeon
            Mac OS X 10.5.3

            I advised the developer (bgaufier@...)

            Uri.

          • Uri Cogan
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 7, 2008
              Earlier, I wrote:

              > After installing xbMovieSaver 1.2.2 on my Mac, I received the message:
              >
              > "You cannot use the screen saver xbMovieSaver on this computer. Contact
              > the developer of this software for a newer version."
              >
              > MacPro Dual-Core Intel Xeon
              > Mac OS X 10.5.3
              >
              > I advised the developer (bgaufier@...
              > <mailto:bgaufier%40club-internet.fr>)

              The email to bgaufier@...
              <mailto:bgaufier%40club-internet.fr> had bounced: "User unknown"

              Ah well...

            • Milko K. Amorth
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 8, 2008
                Hi Uri,

                That's a shame that the xbnoviemaker engine wont work anymore with osx 10.5.
                Its such a convenient droplet for qtvr.
                I still have got 10.3.9 and 10.4 (the screensavers work), but not 10.5.

                I am curios however to find out if the screensaver still would work on 10.5.
                I have uploaded 2 files for try out:

                Strawberryfield:
                http://360image.de/ss/strawberryfield.saver.zip
                Canadian Rocky, Cariboo and Monashee Mountain Ranges:
                http://360image.de/ss/canoemtn_top2.saver.zip

                I would appreciate feedback from Leopard users.

                Another cool and free Mac app is Save Hollywood. It plays QTmovies but
                not qtvr.
                You can make a screen capture of your favorite pano and save it as a
                linear vid.
                Save Hollywood allows you to array the clips as well:
                http://s.sudre.free.fr/Software/SaveHollywood.html

                Cheers, Milko

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 8, 2008
                  Milko K. Amorth wrote:

                  > I am curios however to find out if the screensaver still would work on
                  > 10.5.
                  > I have uploaded 2 files for try out:
                  >
                  > Strawberryfield:
                  > http://360image.de/ss/strawberryfield.saver.zip
                  > <http://360image.de/ss/strawberryfield.saver.zip>

                  Same error message as before

                  > Canadian Rocky, Cariboo and Monashee Mountain Ranges:
                  > http://360image.de/ss/canoemtn_top2.saver.zip
                  > <http://360image.de/ss/canoemtn_top2.saver.zip>

                  No error messge, no display - the screen just goes black.

                  Both appear in the "Desktop and Screensaver" control panel as:
                  "xbMovieMakerEngine"

                • Milko K. Amorth
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 8, 2008
                    Hello Uri,
                    > No error messge, no display - the screen just goes black.
                    >
                    > Both appear in the "Desktop and Screensaver" control panel as:
                    > "xbMovieMakerEngine"

                    Thank you very much for the trial. I am saddened it does not work for
                    leopard OS anymore.

                    Of we go for yet another solution.

                    Cheer(io)s, Milko