Re: [PanoToolsNG] How to Turn a PlayStation 3 Into a Linux PC

  • Kathy Wheeler
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2008
      On 06/06/2008, at 6:17 PM, Jeffrey M wrote:
      > I wonder how close this is to installing yellow dog linux, which is
      > what is required to try Helmut's gigapixel stitcher??
      [snip]
      > And
      > though the article calls the procedure "somewhat complicated," it's a
      > lot simpler than was installing Linux from floppies not so many years
      > ago.

      In that case, have a go at it. As long as you have a machine on the
      net handy (to Google all those awkward "what the" moments when things
      don't go like the articles say they should ... ) it could be a hoot.
      We recently re-built an old iBook to boot OS X off a 4Gb CF card (in
      an IDE CF adapter). It puts the fun back into computers! Give it a
      go. Even installing Linux from floppies was less painful than
      installing windows from floppies!

      Cheers,
      KathyW.