doctypes and serving movies

  • aiwetir
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2008
      i'm using the doctype

      based on the panotools wiki and my own experimenting along with
      Fiero's detectvr.js script.

      this doctype puts browsers in quirks mode which prevents most other
      nifty javascripts from working.

      my question is, is there some other valid doctype that will show
      movies (qt and swf) properly with detectvr.js ?

      cheers
      michael medina
      http://pdxvr.com
      http://medina-photo.com
    • fierodeval
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2008
        Hi Michael,

        Download the latest version
        http://www.devalvr.com/instalacion/detectvr.zip , I did some changes
        to work with DOCTYPE DTD XHTML 1.x, in this package you can see the
        example "example viewer selection links.html" with the DOCTYPE:

        detectvr.js will work correctly if you add this code to your CSS file
        or <style> tag (this code "fix" a problem in IExplorer to get the
        window size):

        html,body { width:100%; height:100% }

        You can see the source code of "example viewer selection links.html" page.

        regards!
        fiero

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, aiwetir <aiwetir@...> wrote:

        > i'm using the doctype

        > based on the panotools wiki and my own experimenting along with
        > Fiero's detectvr.js script.
        >

        > this doctype puts browsers in quirks mode which prevents most other
        > nifty javascripts from working.
        >
        > my question is, is there some other valid doctype that will show
        > movies (qt and swf) properly with detectvr.js ?
        >

        > cheers
        > michael medina
        > http://pdxvr.com
        > http://medina-photo.com

      • Hans Nyberg
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2008
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "fierodeval" <fierodeval@...> wrote:

          > Hi Michael,
          >
          > Download the latest version
          > http://www.devalvr.com/instalacion/detectvr.zip , I did some changes
          > to work with DOCTYPE DTD XHTML 1.x, in this package you can see the
          > example "example viewer selection links.html" with the DOCTYPE:

          > detectvr.js will work correctly if you add this code to your CSS file
          > or <style> tag (this code "fix" a problem in IExplorer to get the
          > window size):

          Hi Fiero

          All your examples gives me Quicktime in Safari what ever I choose.
          Safari 3.1.1

          In Firefox the detection works but SPiV does not display.
          Both version 2.0 and 3

          Hans
        • fierodeval
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 4, 2008
            Hi Hans,

            I don't know why, but in some systems Safari does not save correctly
            the cookies, for this reason the selected option is always the
            default "automatic detection". Anyway, this works fine in my MacOSX
            10.5.3 and Safari 3.1.1 . Do you have the same problem in this online
            example? http://www.devalvr.com/paginas/soporte/detectvr/ (sometimes
            online works and local does not work)

            I don't include the file SPi-V.dcr in the package. You must add this
            file if you want to test Spi-V or you can test it in my online example
            (above link)

            regards!

            > Hi Fiero
            >
            > All your examples gives me Quicktime in Safari what ever I choose.
            > Safari 3.1.1
            >
            > In Firefox the detection works but SPiV does not display.
            > Both version 2.0 and 3
            >
            > Hans

          • Hans Nyberg
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 4, 2008
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "fierodeval" <fierodeval@...> wrote:

              > Hi Hans,
              >
              > I don't know why, but in some systems Safari does not save correctly
              > the cookies, for this reason the selected option is always the
              > default "automatic detection". Anyway, this works fine in my MacOSX
              > 10.5.3 and Safari 3.1.1 . Do you have the same problem in this online
              > example? http://www.devalvr.com/paginas/soporte/detectvr/ (sometimes
              > online works and local does not work)
              >
              > I don't include the file SPi-V.dcr in the package. You must add this
              > file if you want to test Spi-V or you can test it in my online example
              > (above link)

              Yes online works but the Spiv gives me a security popup in Safari, never seen anything
              like that before.
              It asks me for access to https://supremecenter33.com/404

              Hans
            • aiwetir
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 4, 2008
                hi fiero

                this is great, i'm running it through it's paces before i go live. i
                don't run anything other than qt and flash, so i can't test any other
                plugins.

                mmm