Panoheads Meeting in Toronto - June 21st!

  • mab4d
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2008
      Hello All,

      I am hosting an informal "Panoheads" meeting in Toronto in a few weeks.
      ("Panoheads" in this context are people whose minds think panoramically,
      not just the device we put on our tripods!) All are welcome to attend,
      and the more friends with cameras you can bring, the bigger an event it
      will be!

      There is no firm agenda for the day, but my employer has graciously
      loaned me the use of our state-of-the-art meeting center in downtown
      Toronto for the day (the 21st is a Saturday, BTW). So that comes with
      room for up to 150 in comfy chairs, a multi-projector "powerwall," free
      beverages, and a convenient location. I will also have our Spheron "HDR
      scanning panoramic camera" set up for the curious, and I might even talk
      about HDR if there is enough interest. Otherwise we are free to talk
      about whatever we'd like, get to know each other, show off our gear, and
      get outside and shoot some panos! (And if it goes late enough, head out
      for food and drink in the city...)

      A coincidence is that June 21st falls firmly within the dates for the
      World Wide Panorama's second event for 2008:
      http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/worldwidepanorama/wwp/practical/NextEvent.\
      html
      <http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/worldwidepanorama/wwp/practical/NextEvent\
      .html%20>

      We can hopefully "elevate" things to get everyone involved in this as
      well!

      Now the details:

      2008 Panoheads Meet, Toronto.

      Saturday, June 21st, 2008
      1 PM - ?

      Autodesk Canada offices
      210 King St. East
      Toronto, ON, M5A1J7
      (Google Map
      <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=210+King+St.+East,+Tor\
      onto,+ON&sll=43.655656,-79.463006&sspn=0.011954,0.021458&ie=UTF8&ll=43.6\
      51106,-79.369032&spn=0.011955,0.021458&z=16&iwloc=addr> )

      RSVP and add to the ideas for the meeting or the WWP shoot via the
      Panoheads Yahoo Group <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/panoheads/>
      (join us, it's free!), or send me an email directly.

      Hope to see you all there!

      -Mark