Re: Re: [PanoToolsNG] Billion-pixel panoramas

  • ehanson
    Message 1 of 47 , Jun 3, 2008
      Steven-

      Yes, you are quite correct about a UV map being the wrong approach. We will
      be projecting the 20 panos from their camera tracked positions on the 3d
      model, then using perspective projection, in effect a slide projector of the
      image back onto it's subject. We will use Wavgen's plugin to apply the full
      gigapixel resolution onto the model, then use a 3d slitscan camera (first
      that I know of), to fly down a determined path to render the final image, an
      "unwrap" of the valley. I call it a taxidermy of the valley walls as an easy
      explanation for those unfamiliar w/ 3d.

      BTW, we just returned and are reviewing the images now. We were graced with
      beautiful weather conditions, and all 16 Gigapans performed flawlessly. The
      event was well documented w/ a few HD crews filming and even a studio
      backing in the campground for portraits, take a look:

      http://www.flickr.com/groups/xrez_yosemite/pool/page2/

      We'll be posting updates and progress as we get them!

      Best,

      Eric

      -----
      Message 47 of 47 , Aug 24, 2008
        No, I am on 10.4.11; the tiles are a little slow even on my fast dsl.

        John Riley
        johnriley@...
        jriley@...