Pano2VR 2.0 released

  • Thomas Rauscher
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
      Hello,

      after 9 months in beta I am proud to announce the final version of
      Pano2VR 2.0.

      Pano2VR is a converter to create Flash 8 & 9, QuickTime VR and thumbnail
      files from panoramic images.

      The built-in hotspot and skin editors allow you to add interactive
      elements to the panoramas. The automatically created, fully customizable
      HTML files simplify the publishing. Pano2VR can also convert between 8,
      16 and 32 bit TIFF equirectangular and cubic formats to allow retouching.

      Pano2VR runs on Windows (>=2000), Mac OS X (>=10.3.9) and Linux.
      The user interface is translated into German, Spanish, French, Japanese,
      Russian and Chinese with more languages to come.

      To get an idea about Pano2VR you can watch the "Getting Started" video
      at http://gardengnomesoftware.com/tutorial.php?movid=start

      For further information, feedback, rants and raves please visit the
      forum at http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum and to download the latest
      version go to http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2vr_download.php

      If you know Pano2VR but you didn't follow the latest improvements like
      sub tiling in Flash and new, more interactive skins you may be
      interested in the new examples at
      http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2vr_sample.php

      --
      MfG,
      Thomas
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
        Hi Thomas!

        Congratulations on Pano2Vr and Success!
        I'll start working with it right now!
        Where can I read about sub tiling feature?

        Regards,

        Ricardo

        acessar o site <http://www.tourvirtualbrasil.com.br>

        Thomas Rauscher escreveu:

        > Hello,
        >
        > after 9 months in beta I am proud to announce the final version of
        > Pano2VR 2.0.
        >
        > Pano2VR is a converter to create Flash 8 & 9, QuickTime VR and thumbnail
        > files from panoramic images.
        >
        > The built-in hotspot and skin editors allow you to add interactive
        > elements to the panoramas. The automatically created, fully customizable
        > HTML files simplify the publishing. Pano2VR can also convert between 8,
        > 16 and 32 bit TIFF equirectangular and cubic formats to allow retouching.
        >
        > Pano2VR runs on Windows (>=2000), Mac OS X (>=10.3.9) and Linux.
        > The user interface is translated into German, Spanish, French, Japanese,
        > Russian and Chinese with more languages to come.
        >
        > To get an idea about Pano2VR you can watch the "Getting Started" video
        > at http://gardengnomesoftware.com/tutorial.php?movid=start
        > <http://gardengnomesoftware.com/tutorial.php?movid=start>
        >
        > For further information, feedback, rants and raves please visit the
        > forum at http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum
        > <http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum> and to download the latest
        > version go to http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2vr_download.php
        > <http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2vr_download.php>
        >
        > If you know Pano2VR but you didn't follow the latest improvements like
        > sub tiling in Flash and new, more interactive skins you may be
        > interested in the new examples at
        > http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2vr_sample.php
        > <http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2vr_sample.php>
        >
        > --
        > MfG,
        > Thomas

      • Thomas Rauscher
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
          Ricardo Araujo wrote, On 03.06.2008 3:20 Uhr:
          > Hi Thomas!
          >
          > Congratulations on Pano2Vr and Success!
          > I'll start working with it right now!
          > Where can I read about sub tiling feature?

          It works the same as in QuickTime and because Pano2VR creates only one
          SWF file it can decide where to put the images into the download stream.

          Just select the number of sub tiles in the Flash preferences.

          Please don't confuse this feature with the creation of tiles you need
          for krpano or HDViewer. In Pano2VRs case the panorama consist only of
          one resolution and is downloaded as a whole stream without dynamic

          MfG,
          Thomas
        • Ricardo Araujo
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2008
            Thank you for asnwering my question.
            Pano2VR stores the panorama image(s) in swf files (and I like that), so
            I already had the perception that dinamic changing the content was
            impossible.
            Best regards,
            Ricardo