Re: Space Navigator and recent panoramic viewers - ?

  • fierodeval
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 2, 2008
      Hi Sam,

      You can browse all messages through Yahoo groups page, see this
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/message/19786

      I only have a SpaceNavigator, so it would be very nice if you test
      your SpacePilot in any Windows system with any DevalVR page, you can
      see some examples in www.devalvr.com. I don't know if SpacePilot uses
      the same interface than SpaceNavigator.

      Milko, about profiles, maybe when you open IExplorer is selected a
      different profile in 3Dconnexion Control Panel than when you open
      Firefox. Try to open this control panel when you are in the panorama
      to verify it. This is the only feature that I don't understand
      completely yet, I must do more test with profiles.

      Thanks!
      fiero

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Sam Cuttriss <cuttriss@...> wrote:

      > sorry just got on the list.
      > so i missed the start of this thread,
      > i have a space pilot i can test with on mac/ vista 64 / xp64 and xp
      32....
      > if that helps.
      >
      > _sam
      >

      > Milko K. Amorth wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Fiero,
      > >
      > > Excellent support. Bravo. I love it. Thank you.
      > >
      > > > Anybody with SpaceNavigator to test?
      > > >

      > > Individual profile....works very well and smooth in all directions
      > > IExplorer 7.0.5730.13
      > > Opera 9.50beta
      > > Firefox 3.0
      > >
      > > IExplorer in Explorer profile is more sensitive in its settings
      and the
      > > 'zoom direction' is reversed!
      > > (push/pull up and down is forward /backward in its settings and vice
      > > versa)
      > > Not such a big deal...one can set it and forget it, once figured out.
      > >
      > > Now, that's a way to navigate a panorama! The smoothness is still
      > > unsurpassed, in my book.
      > >
      > > How is the Mac version coming along?
      > >
      > > Saludos, Milko

    • Milko K. Amorth
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 2, 2008
        Hi Fiero,
        > maybe when you open IExplorer is selected a
        > different profile in 3Dconnexion Control Panel than when you open
        > Firefox.
        In IE it initially it opend in IE profile. As it would initially open in
        QuicktimeVR profile when a QTVR in Quicktime was loaded. Once set up it
        would auto save it as IE - "user' profile and and the second boot of Ie
        it would load that IE -User profile again. It works fine from there on.
        Its just that the zoom direction is reversed....but that can be set once
        and is kept that way by the IE-user profile.
        > Try to open this control panel when you are in the panorama
        > to verify
        IE and the other browsers all recognized the last used user profile when
        the browser is started up and it works fine.
        > This is the only feature that I don't understand
        > completely yet, I must do more test with profiles.

        The panel has an auto save configuration setting, which can be chosen.
        One can set up as many configs as one would like and use 'save as' a
        panorama instance. I do, as I use slightly different speeds in Google
        Earth and Photoshop, therefore I got 3 custom profiles besides the
        generic ones to choose from, now.

        Works like a charm.

        Cheers, Milko
      • Fung Yu
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 5, 2008
          Hi Fiero,

          I just tested my SN with the new version of Deval. It works
          wonderfully. I however leave the zoom settings as is. Now
          if we can only figure out a way for selecting other VRs in
          a menu function... ;-)

          Many thanks again on your work.

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 9, 2008
            Hi Fung Yu,

            > Now if we can only figure out a way for selecting other VRs in
            > a menu function...

            :) I was thinking about this too. It could be good to have a way to
            navigate only with the SpaceNavigator. This could be very nice to use
            it in exhibitions, because it's a VERY robust gadget for public use.

            About the implementation. I changed some small things in the behavior,
            because 3Dconnexion staff adviced me about a consistent response with
            how people will expect the behavior should be. Not all works correctly
            with all default settings in the control panel and with the default
            "Overall Speed" (this is the 3rd tick from the left). They certified
            the plugin and will add DevalVR to its supported applications list
            these days.

            regards!
            fiero

            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 1, 2008