Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Space Navigator and recent panoramic viewers - ?

  • Sam Cuttriss
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 2, 2008
      sorry just got on the list.
      so i missed the start of this thread,
      i have a space pilot i can test with on mac/ vista 64 / xp64 and xp 32....
      if that helps.

      _sam

      Milko K. Amorth wrote:

      > Hi Fiero,
      >
      > Excellent support. Bravo. I love it. Thank you.
      >
      > > Anybody with SpaceNavigator to test?
      > >

      > Individual profile....works very well and smooth in all directions
      > IExplorer 7.0.5730.13
      > Opera 9.50beta
      > Firefox 3.0
      >
      > IExplorer in Explorer profile is more sensitive in its settings and the
      > 'zoom direction' is reversed!
      > (push/pull up and down is forward /backward in its settings and vice
      > versa)
      > Not such a big deal...one can set it and forget it, once figured out.
      >
      > Now, that's a way to navigate a panorama! The smoothness is still
      > unsurpassed, in my book.
      >
      > How is the Mac version coming along?
      >
      > Saludos, Milko

    • fierodeval
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 2, 2008
        Hi Sam,

        You can browse all messages through Yahoo groups page, see this
        http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/message/19786

        I only have a SpaceNavigator, so it would be very nice if you test
        your SpacePilot in any Windows system with any DevalVR page, you can
        see some examples in www.devalvr.com. I don't know if SpacePilot uses
        the same interface than SpaceNavigator.

        Milko, about profiles, maybe when you open IExplorer is selected a
        different profile in 3Dconnexion Control Panel than when you open
        Firefox. Try to open this control panel when you are in the panorama
        to verify it. This is the only feature that I don't understand
        completely yet, I must do more test with profiles.

        Thanks!
        fiero

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Sam Cuttriss <cuttriss@...> wrote:

        > sorry just got on the list.
        > so i missed the start of this thread,
        > i have a space pilot i can test with on mac/ vista 64 / xp64 and xp
        32....
        > if that helps.
        >
        > _sam
        >

        > Milko K. Amorth wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Fiero,
        > >
        > > Excellent support. Bravo. I love it. Thank you.
        > >
        > > > Anybody with SpaceNavigator to test?
        > > >

        > > Individual profile....works very well and smooth in all directions
        > > IExplorer 7.0.5730.13
        > > Opera 9.50beta
        > > Firefox 3.0
        > >
        > > IExplorer in Explorer profile is more sensitive in its settings
        and the
        > > 'zoom direction' is reversed!
        > > (push/pull up and down is forward /backward in its settings and vice
        > > versa)
        > > Not such a big deal...one can set it and forget it, once figured out.
        > >
        > > Now, that's a way to navigate a panorama! The smoothness is still
        > > unsurpassed, in my book.
        > >
        > > How is the Mac version coming along?
        > >
        > > Saludos, Milko

      • Milko K. Amorth
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 2, 2008
          Hi Fiero,
          > maybe when you open IExplorer is selected a
          > different profile in 3Dconnexion Control Panel than when you open
          > Firefox.
          In IE it initially it opend in IE profile. As it would initially open in
          QuicktimeVR profile when a QTVR in Quicktime was loaded. Once set up it
          would auto save it as IE - "user' profile and and the second boot of Ie
          it would load that IE -User profile again. It works fine from there on.
          Its just that the zoom direction is reversed....but that can be set once
          and is kept that way by the IE-user profile.
          > Try to open this control panel when you are in the panorama
          > to verify
          IE and the other browsers all recognized the last used user profile when
          the browser is started up and it works fine.
          > This is the only feature that I don't understand
          > completely yet, I must do more test with profiles.

          The panel has an auto save configuration setting, which can be chosen.
          One can set up as many configs as one would like and use 'save as' a
          panorama instance. I do, as I use slightly different speeds in Google
          Earth and Photoshop, therefore I got 3 custom profiles besides the
          generic ones to choose from, now.

          Works like a charm.

          Cheers, Milko
        • Fung Yu
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 5, 2008
            Hi Fiero,

            I just tested my SN with the new version of Deval. It works
            wonderfully. I however leave the zoom settings as is. Now
            if we can only figure out a way for selecting other VRs in
            a menu function... ;-)

            Many thanks again on your work.

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 9, 2008
              Hi Fung Yu,

              > Now if we can only figure out a way for selecting other VRs in
              > a menu function...

              :) I was thinking about this too. It could be good to have a way to
              navigate only with the SpaceNavigator. This could be very nice to use
              it in exhibitions, because it's a VERY robust gadget for public use.

              About the implementation. I changed some small things in the behavior,
              because 3Dconnexion staff adviced me about a consistent response with
              how people will expect the behavior should be. Not all works correctly
              with all default settings in the control panel and with the default
              "Overall Speed" (this is the 3rd tick from the left). They certified
              the plugin and will add DevalVR to its supported applications list
              these days.

              regards!
              fiero

              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 1, 2008