Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Space Navigator and recent panoramic viewers - ?

  • Milko K. Amorth
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 2 11:50 AM
      Hi Fiero,

      Excellent support. Bravo. I love it. Thank you.

      > Anybody with SpaceNavigator to test?

      Individual profile....works very well and smooth in all directions
      IExplorer 7.0.5730.13
      Opera 9.50beta
      Firefox 3.0

      IExplorer in Explorer profile is more sensitive in its settings and the
      'zoom direction' is reversed!
      (push/pull up and down is forward /backward in its settings and vice versa)
      Not such a big deal...one can set it and forget it, once figured out.

      Now, that's a way to navigate a panorama! The smoothness is still
      unsurpassed, in my book.

      How is the Mac version coming along?

      Saludos, Milko
    • Sam Cuttriss
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 2 12:01 PM
        sorry just got on the list.
        so i missed the start of this thread,
        i have a space pilot i can test with on mac/ vista 64 / xp64 and xp 32....
        if that helps.

        _sam

        Milko K. Amorth wrote:

        > Hi Fiero,
        >
        > Excellent support. Bravo. I love it. Thank you.
        >
        > > Anybody with SpaceNavigator to test?
        > >

        > Individual profile....works very well and smooth in all directions
        > IExplorer 7.0.5730.13
        > Opera 9.50beta
        > Firefox 3.0
        >
        > IExplorer in Explorer profile is more sensitive in its settings and the
        > 'zoom direction' is reversed!
        > (push/pull up and down is forward /backward in its settings and vice
        > versa)
        > Not such a big deal...one can set it and forget it, once figured out.
        >
        > Now, that's a way to navigate a panorama! The smoothness is still
        > unsurpassed, in my book.
        >
        > How is the Mac version coming along?
        >
        > Saludos, Milko

      • fierodeval
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 2 12:22 PM
          Hi Sam,

          You can browse all messages through Yahoo groups page, see this
          http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/message/19786

          I only have a SpaceNavigator, so it would be very nice if you test
          your SpacePilot in any Windows system with any DevalVR page, you can
          see some examples in www.devalvr.com. I don't know if SpacePilot uses
          the same interface than SpaceNavigator.

          Milko, about profiles, maybe when you open IExplorer is selected a
          different profile in 3Dconnexion Control Panel than when you open
          Firefox. Try to open this control panel when you are in the panorama
          to verify it. This is the only feature that I don't understand
          completely yet, I must do more test with profiles.

          Thanks!
          fiero

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Sam Cuttriss <cuttriss@...> wrote:

          > sorry just got on the list.
          > so i missed the start of this thread,
          > i have a space pilot i can test with on mac/ vista 64 / xp64 and xp
          32....
          > if that helps.
          >
          > _sam
          >

          > Milko K. Amorth wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Fiero,
          > >
          > > Excellent support. Bravo. I love it. Thank you.
          > >
          > > > Anybody with SpaceNavigator to test?
          > > >

          > > Individual profile....works very well and smooth in all directions
          > > IExplorer 7.0.5730.13
          > > Opera 9.50beta
          > > Firefox 3.0
          > >
          > > IExplorer in Explorer profile is more sensitive in its settings
          and the
          > > 'zoom direction' is reversed!
          > > (push/pull up and down is forward /backward in its settings and vice
          > > versa)
          > > Not such a big deal...one can set it and forget it, once figured out.
          > >
          > > Now, that's a way to navigate a panorama! The smoothness is still
          > > unsurpassed, in my book.
          > >
          > > How is the Mac version coming along?
          > >
          > > Saludos, Milko

        • Milko K. Amorth
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 2 5:24 PM
            Hi Fiero,
            > maybe when you open IExplorer is selected a
            > different profile in 3Dconnexion Control Panel than when you open
            > Firefox.
            In IE it initially it opend in IE profile. As it would initially open in
            QuicktimeVR profile when a QTVR in Quicktime was loaded. Once set up it
            would auto save it as IE - "user' profile and and the second boot of Ie
            it would load that IE -User profile again. It works fine from there on.
            Its just that the zoom direction is reversed....but that can be set once
            and is kept that way by the IE-user profile.
            > Try to open this control panel when you are in the panorama
            > to verify
            IE and the other browsers all recognized the last used user profile when
            the browser is started up and it works fine.
            > This is the only feature that I don't understand
            > completely yet, I must do more test with profiles.

            The panel has an auto save configuration setting, which can be chosen.
            One can set up as many configs as one would like and use 'save as' a
            panorama instance. I do, as I use slightly different speeds in Google
            Earth and Photoshop, therefore I got 3 custom profiles besides the
            generic ones to choose from, now.

            Works like a charm.

            Cheers, Milko
          • Fung Yu
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 5 6:48 PM
              Hi Fiero,

              I just tested my SN with the new version of Deval. It works
              wonderfully. I however leave the zoom settings as is. Now
              if we can only figure out a way for selecting other VRs in
              a menu function... ;-)

              Many thanks again on your work.

              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 9 1:11 AM
                Hi Fung Yu,

                > Now if we can only figure out a way for selecting other VRs in
                > a menu function...

                :) I was thinking about this too. It could be good to have a way to
                navigate only with the SpaceNavigator. This could be very nice to use
                it in exhibitions, because it's a VERY robust gadget for public use.

                About the implementation. I changed some small things in the behavior,
                because 3Dconnexion staff adviced me about a consistent response with
                how people will expect the behavior should be. Not all works correctly
                with all default settings in the control panel and with the default
                "Overall Speed" (this is the 3rd tick from the left). They certified
                the plugin and will add DevalVR to its supported applications list
                these days.

                regards!
                fiero

                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 1, 2008