Re: Pushkar India large pano, Zoomify??

  • bohonus
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "pedro_silva58" <pedro_silva58@...> wrote:
      > in this one i see some strange fuzzy lines of almost pure color (r, g
      > or b) in front of the 1st block of houses in the foreground, as well
      > as some even fuzzier c, m, and y among the vegetation nearby. is this
      > in the original image, or is it caused by the viewer?

      Those are artifacts in the original image resulting from movement of things at the scene. It
      was shot with a rotating digital scanning back camera during fairly windy conditions. Windy
      enough at times to vibrate the carbon fiber tripod during the scan, creating some other
      artifacts in the image. One of the side-effects of using such technology.

      Here is a little video I captured with my phone from that very shoot showing the camera at
      the location. (will need quicktime to view)

      http://www.bohonus.com/temp/butte_shoot.3gp

      -bradford
    • Roger Berry
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 3, 2008
        I ended up putting the Pushkar Camel Fair panorama on the Gigapan.org
        site, here's the link to it.
        http://share.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id=5735

        Enjoy,
        Roger Berry

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Bernhard Vogl" <bvogl@...> wrote:

        > > > Also the only program I have for posting this full size on the
        internet
        > > > is Zoomify and I don't like not being able to view it full
        screen [...]
        > You actually can display Zoomify - like any other plugin -
        "fullscreen".
        > See this example at http://www.austria-
        360.at/ooe/200706_gmunden2.htm

        > HTH
        > Bernhard

      • Roger Berry
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 3, 2008
          Here's another large panoramic view showing the golden city of
          Jaisalmer, on the northwest fringe of India in the Thar Desert.
          http://www.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id=5757

          Enjoy,
          Roger Berry
        • crane@ukonline.co.uk
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 4, 2008
            Quoting Roger Berry <onezebra1@...>:

            > Here's another large panoramic view showing the golden city of
            > Jaisalmer, on the northwest fringe of India in the Thar Desert.
            > http://www.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id=5757

            In those hippy days I recall being on the kyber pass and the sky went green
            there in the distance was a little cloud which was making it's very own
            thunderstorm.

            regrads

            mick

          • crane@ukonline.co.uk
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 4, 2008
              Quoting Roger Berry <onezebra1@...>:

              > Here's another large panoramic view showing the golden city of
              > Jaisalmer, on the northwest fringe of India in the Thar Desert.
              > http://www.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id=5757

              actually as you are there could you go to Benares and take some photos at
              night.
              regards

              mick