Re: Pushkar India large pano, Zoomify??

  • pedro_silva58
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "bohonus" <bradford@...> wrote:

      > You may wish to try krpano (flash) or HDView (Windows only).
      > Some examples I have using each of these:
      >
      > krpano-
      > http://www.bohonus.com/krpano/bvr043.html

      in this one i see some strange fuzzy lines of almost pure color (r, g
      or b) in front of the 1st block of houses in the foreground, as well
      as some even fuzzier c, m, and y among the vegetation nearby. is this
      in the original image, or is it caused by the viewer?

      > HDView-
      > http://www.bohonus.com/pages/ms_hdview.php

      these include some of my all-time favorite hi-res images. thanx for
      sharing them!

      cheers,
      pedro
    • bohonus
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "pedro_silva58" <pedro_silva58@...> wrote:
        > in this one i see some strange fuzzy lines of almost pure color (r, g
        > or b) in front of the 1st block of houses in the foreground, as well
        > as some even fuzzier c, m, and y among the vegetation nearby. is this
        > in the original image, or is it caused by the viewer?

        Those are artifacts in the original image resulting from movement of things at the scene. It
        was shot with a rotating digital scanning back camera during fairly windy conditions. Windy
        enough at times to vibrate the carbon fiber tripod during the scan, creating some other
        artifacts in the image. One of the side-effects of using such technology.

        Here is a little video I captured with my phone from that very shoot showing the camera at
        the location. (will need quicktime to view)

        http://www.bohonus.com/temp/butte_shoot.3gp

        -bradford
      • Roger Berry
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 3, 2008
          I ended up putting the Pushkar Camel Fair panorama on the Gigapan.org
          site, here's the link to it.
          http://share.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id=5735

          Enjoy,
          Roger Berry

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Bernhard Vogl" <bvogl@...> wrote:

          > > > Also the only program I have for posting this full size on the
          internet
          > > > is Zoomify and I don't like not being able to view it full
          screen [...]
          > You actually can display Zoomify - like any other plugin -
          "fullscreen".
          > See this example at http://www.austria-
          360.at/ooe/200706_gmunden2.htm

          > HTH
          > Bernhard

        • Roger Berry
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 3, 2008
            Here's another large panoramic view showing the golden city of
            Jaisalmer, on the northwest fringe of India in the Thar Desert.
            http://www.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id=5757

            Enjoy,
            Roger Berry
          • crane@ukonline.co.uk
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 4, 2008
              Quoting Roger Berry <onezebra1@...>:

              > Here's another large panoramic view showing the golden city of
              > Jaisalmer, on the northwest fringe of India in the Thar Desert.
              > http://www.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id=5757

              In those hippy days I recall being on the kyber pass and the sky went green
              there in the distance was a little cloud which was making it's very own
              thunderstorm.

              regrads

              mick

            • crane@ukonline.co.uk
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 4, 2008
                Quoting Roger Berry <onezebra1@...>:

                > Here's another large panoramic view showing the golden city of
                > Jaisalmer, on the northwest fringe of India in the Thar Desert.
                > http://www.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id=5757

                actually as you are there could you go to Benares and take some photos at
                night.
                regards

                mick