Re: Space Navigator and recent panoramic viewers - ?

  • fierodeval
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 2, 2008
      Hi Andrey,

      Space Navigator can be used with latest version of DevalVR (7,0,0,17),
      player and plugins.
      In the 3Dconnexion Control Panel you must set "Zoom direction" to
      "Up/Down", all the other settings by default.

      This is the first version with Space Navigator support, maybe this
      needs some improvements yet. It requires the file TDxInput.dll, that
      is automatically installed in latest versions of 3Dconnexion drivers.

      Anybody with SpaceNavigator to test?

      http://www.3dconnexion.com/3dmouse/spacenavigator.php with
      > DevalVR and Flash-based panoramic viewers?
      >
      > Think about getting one for a small stand on the upcoming exibition.

    • Milko K. Amorth
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 2, 2008
        Hi Fiero,

        Excellent support. Bravo. I love it. Thank you.

        > Anybody with SpaceNavigator to test?

        Individual profile....works very well and smooth in all directions
        IExplorer 7.0.5730.13
        Opera 9.50beta
        Firefox 3.0

        IExplorer in Explorer profile is more sensitive in its settings and the
        'zoom direction' is reversed!
        (push/pull up and down is forward /backward in its settings and vice versa)
        Not such a big deal...one can set it and forget it, once figured out.

        Now, that's a way to navigate a panorama! The smoothness is still
        unsurpassed, in my book.

        How is the Mac version coming along?

        Saludos, Milko
      • Sam Cuttriss
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 2, 2008
          sorry just got on the list.
          so i missed the start of this thread,
          i have a space pilot i can test with on mac/ vista 64 / xp64 and xp 32....
          if that helps.

          _sam

          Milko K. Amorth wrote:

          > Hi Fiero,
          >
          > Excellent support. Bravo. I love it. Thank you.
          >
          > > Anybody with SpaceNavigator to test?
          > >

          > Individual profile....works very well and smooth in all directions
          > IExplorer 7.0.5730.13
          > Opera 9.50beta
          > Firefox 3.0
          >
          > IExplorer in Explorer profile is more sensitive in its settings and the
          > 'zoom direction' is reversed!
          > (push/pull up and down is forward /backward in its settings and vice
          > versa)
          > Not such a big deal...one can set it and forget it, once figured out.
          >
          > Now, that's a way to navigate a panorama! The smoothness is still
          > unsurpassed, in my book.
          >
          > How is the Mac version coming along?
          >
          > Saludos, Milko

        • fierodeval
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 2, 2008
            Hi Sam,

            You can browse all messages through Yahoo groups page, see this
            http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/message/19786

            I only have a SpaceNavigator, so it would be very nice if you test
            your SpacePilot in any Windows system with any DevalVR page, you can
            see some examples in www.devalvr.com. I don't know if SpacePilot uses
            the same interface than SpaceNavigator.

            Milko, about profiles, maybe when you open IExplorer is selected a
            different profile in 3Dconnexion Control Panel than when you open
            Firefox. Try to open this control panel when you are in the panorama
            to verify it. This is the only feature that I don't understand
            completely yet, I must do more test with profiles.

            Thanks!
            fiero

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Sam Cuttriss <cuttriss@...> wrote:

            > sorry just got on the list.
            > so i missed the start of this thread,
            > i have a space pilot i can test with on mac/ vista 64 / xp64 and xp
            32....
            > if that helps.
            >
            > _sam
            >

            > Milko K. Amorth wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Fiero,
            > >
            > > Excellent support. Bravo. I love it. Thank you.
            > >
            > > > Anybody with SpaceNavigator to test?
            > > >

            > > Individual profile....works very well and smooth in all directions
            > > IExplorer 7.0.5730.13
            > > Opera 9.50beta
            > > Firefox 3.0
            > >
            > > IExplorer in Explorer profile is more sensitive in its settings
            and the
            > > 'zoom direction' is reversed!
            > > (push/pull up and down is forward /backward in its settings and vice
            > > versa)
            > > Not such a big deal...one can set it and forget it, once figured out.
            > >
            > > Now, that's a way to navigate a panorama! The smoothness is still
            > > unsurpassed, in my book.
            > >
            > > How is the Mac version coming along?
            > >
            > > Saludos, Milko

          • Milko K. Amorth
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 2, 2008
              Hi Fiero,
              > maybe when you open IExplorer is selected a
              > different profile in 3Dconnexion Control Panel than when you open
              > Firefox.
              In IE it initially it opend in IE profile. As it would initially open in
              QuicktimeVR profile when a QTVR in Quicktime was loaded. Once set up it
              would auto save it as IE - "user' profile and and the second boot of Ie
              it would load that IE -User profile again. It works fine from there on.
              Its just that the zoom direction is reversed....but that can be set once
              and is kept that way by the IE-user profile.
              > Try to open this control panel when you are in the panorama
              > to verify
              IE and the other browsers all recognized the last used user profile when
              the browser is started up and it works fine.
              > This is the only feature that I don't understand
              > completely yet, I must do more test with profiles.

              The panel has an auto save configuration setting, which can be chosen.
              One can set up as many configs as one would like and use 'save as' a
              panorama instance. I do, as I use slightly different speeds in Google
              Earth and Photoshop, therefore I got 3 custom profiles besides the
              generic ones to choose from, now.

              Works like a charm.

              Cheers, Milko
            • Fung Yu
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 5, 2008
                Hi Fiero,

                I just tested my SN with the new version of Deval. It works
                wonderfully. I however leave the zoom settings as is. Now
                if we can only figure out a way for selecting other VRs in
                a menu function... ;-)

                Many thanks again on your work.

                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 9, 2008
                  Hi Fung Yu,

                  > Now if we can only figure out a way for selecting other VRs in
                  > a menu function...

                  :) I was thinking about this too. It could be good to have a way to
                  navigate only with the SpaceNavigator. This could be very nice to use
                  it in exhibitions, because it's a VERY robust gadget for public use.

                  About the implementation. I changed some small things in the behavior,
                  because 3Dconnexion staff adviced me about a consistent response with
                  how people will expect the behavior should be. Not all works correctly
                  with all default settings in the control panel and with the default
                  "Overall Speed" (this is the 3rd tick from the left). They certified
                  the plugin and will add DevalVR to its supported applications list
                  these days.

                  regards!
                  fiero

                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 1, 2008