Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Pushkar India large pano, Zoomify??

  • Bernhard Vogl
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
      > > Also the only program I have for posting this full size on the internet
      > > is Zoomify and I don't like not being able to view it full screen [...]

      You actually can display Zoomify - like any other plugin - "fullscreen".
      See this example at http://www.austria-360.at/ooe/200706_gmunden2.htm

      HTH
      Bernhard
    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
        On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 5:18 AM, bohonus <bradford@...> wrote:

        > You may wish to try krpano (flash) or HDView (Windows only). Both viewers
        > will require
        > that you create a series of tiled images (both provide you with the tools
        > to do so).
        > Perspective will need to be corrected in something like PTGui or other such
        > software that
        > will let you set the horizon to level a panorama.
        >
        > Some examples I have using each of these:
        >
        > krpano-
        > http://www.bohonus.com/krpano/bvr043.html

        Wooow Bradford
        this IS a view
        Thanks for sharing
        Really impressive and thanks to Klaus too for such a nice viewer

        Cheers
        AYRTON

        --
        ------------
        | A Y R |

        + 55 21 9982 6313

        http://ayrton360.com
        http://rio.360cities.net
        http://vrfolio.com
        http://ayrton.com

      • pedro_silva58
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "bohonus" <bradford@...> wrote:

          > You may wish to try krpano (flash) or HDView (Windows only).
          > Some examples I have using each of these:
          >
          > krpano-
          > http://www.bohonus.com/krpano/bvr043.html

          in this one i see some strange fuzzy lines of almost pure color (r, g
          or b) in front of the 1st block of houses in the foreground, as well
          as some even fuzzier c, m, and y among the vegetation nearby. is this
          in the original image, or is it caused by the viewer?

          > HDView-
          > http://www.bohonus.com/pages/ms_hdview.php

          these include some of my all-time favorite hi-res images. thanx for
          sharing them!

          cheers,
          pedro
        • bohonus
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "pedro_silva58" <pedro_silva58@...> wrote:
            > in this one i see some strange fuzzy lines of almost pure color (r, g
            > or b) in front of the 1st block of houses in the foreground, as well
            > as some even fuzzier c, m, and y among the vegetation nearby. is this
            > in the original image, or is it caused by the viewer?

            Those are artifacts in the original image resulting from movement of things at the scene. It
            was shot with a rotating digital scanning back camera during fairly windy conditions. Windy
            enough at times to vibrate the carbon fiber tripod during the scan, creating some other
            artifacts in the image. One of the side-effects of using such technology.

            Here is a little video I captured with my phone from that very shoot showing the camera at
            the location. (will need quicktime to view)

            http://www.bohonus.com/temp/butte_shoot.3gp

            -bradford
          • Roger Berry
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 3, 2008
              I ended up putting the Pushkar Camel Fair panorama on the Gigapan.org
              site, here's the link to it.
              http://share.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id=5735

              Enjoy,
              Roger Berry

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Bernhard Vogl" <bvogl@...> wrote:

              > > > Also the only program I have for posting this full size on the
              internet
              > > > is Zoomify and I don't like not being able to view it full
              screen [...]
              > You actually can display Zoomify - like any other plugin -
              "fullscreen".
              > See this example at http://www.austria-
              360.at/ooe/200706_gmunden2.htm

              > HTH
              > Bernhard

            • Roger Berry
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 3, 2008
                Here's another large panoramic view showing the golden city of
                Jaisalmer, on the northwest fringe of India in the Thar Desert.
                http://www.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id=5757

                Enjoy,
                Roger Berry
              • crane@ukonline.co.uk
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 4, 2008
                  Quoting Roger Berry <onezebra1@...>:

                  > Here's another large panoramic view showing the golden city of
                  > Jaisalmer, on the northwest fringe of India in the Thar Desert.
                  > http://www.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id=5757

                  In those hippy days I recall being on the kyber pass and the sky went green
                  there in the distance was a little cloud which was making it's very own
                  thunderstorm.

                  regrads

                  mick

                • crane@ukonline.co.uk
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 4, 2008
                    Quoting Roger Berry <onezebra1@...>:

                    > Here's another large panoramic view showing the golden city of
                    > Jaisalmer, on the northwest fringe of India in the Thar Desert.
                    > http://www.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id=5757

                    actually as you are there could you go to Benares and take some photos at
                    night.
                    regards

                    mick