Pushkar India large pano, Zoomify??

  • Roger Berry
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
      Here's a large pano of Pushkar India and the Pushkar Camel Fair, size
      scaled down to 25% and saved medium quality making this view 4.76MB and
      12000x11186 pixels. Original size 48793x11186 pixels.
      http://www.indiavrtours.com/pushkar/images/pushkar_hillview.jpg

      This was taken from on top of a hill with a Canon 5D, 70-200mm lens
      @200mm looking down which makes it curve down on the ends. Is there a
      way to straighten up the ends a little, like by pulling down the center
      of the image some?
      Also the only program I have for posting this full size on the internet
      is Zoomify and I don't like not being able to view it full screen or
      the way Zoomify works, any advice on better programs?

      Thanks,
      Roger Berry
    • bohonus
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Berry" <onezebra1@...> wrote:
        > Is there a
        > way to straighten up the ends a little, like by pulling down the center
        > of the image some?
        > Also the only program I have for posting this full size on the internet
        > is Zoomify and I don't like not being able to view it full screen or
        > the way Zoomify works, any advice on better programs?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Roger Berry

        You may wish to try krpano (flash) or HDView (Windows only). Both viewers will require
        that you create a series of tiled images (both provide you with the tools to do so).
        Perspective will need to be corrected in something like PTGui or other such software that
        will let you set the horizon to level a panorama.

        Some examples I have using each of these:

        krpano-
        http://www.bohonus.com/krpano/bvr043.html

        HDView-
        http://www.bohonus.com/pages/ms_hdview.php
      • bohonus
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
          > Perspective will need to be corrected in something like PTGui or other such software that
          > will let you set the horizon to level a panorama.

          HDView *should* have the capability to correct the panorama within the viewer if you set
          things right? I don't have any images like this to have tried it though.
        • Bernhard Vogl
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
            > > Also the only program I have for posting this full size on the internet
            > > is Zoomify and I don't like not being able to view it full screen [...]

            You actually can display Zoomify - like any other plugin - "fullscreen".
            See this example at http://www.austria-360.at/ooe/200706_gmunden2.htm

            HTH
            Bernhard
          • AYRTON
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
              On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 5:18 AM, bohonus <bradford@...> wrote:

              > You may wish to try krpano (flash) or HDView (Windows only). Both viewers
              > will require
              > that you create a series of tiled images (both provide you with the tools
              > to do so).
              > Perspective will need to be corrected in something like PTGui or other such
              > software that
              > will let you set the horizon to level a panorama.
              >
              > Some examples I have using each of these:
              >
              > krpano-
              > http://www.bohonus.com/krpano/bvr043.html

              Wooow Bradford
              this IS a view
              Thanks for sharing
              Really impressive and thanks to Klaus too for such a nice viewer

              Cheers
              AYRTON

              --
              ------------
              | A Y R |

              + 55 21 9982 6313

              http://ayrton360.com
              http://rio.360cities.net
              http://vrfolio.com
              http://ayrton.com

            • pedro_silva58
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "bohonus" <bradford@...> wrote:

                > You may wish to try krpano (flash) or HDView (Windows only).
                > Some examples I have using each of these:
                >
                > krpano-
                > http://www.bohonus.com/krpano/bvr043.html

                in this one i see some strange fuzzy lines of almost pure color (r, g
                or b) in front of the 1st block of houses in the foreground, as well
                as some even fuzzier c, m, and y among the vegetation nearby. is this
                in the original image, or is it caused by the viewer?

                > HDView-
                > http://www.bohonus.com/pages/ms_hdview.php

                these include some of my all-time favorite hi-res images. thanx for
                sharing them!

                cheers,
                pedro
              • bohonus
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "pedro_silva58" <pedro_silva58@...> wrote:
                  > in this one i see some strange fuzzy lines of almost pure color (r, g
                  > or b) in front of the 1st block of houses in the foreground, as well
                  > as some even fuzzier c, m, and y among the vegetation nearby. is this
                  > in the original image, or is it caused by the viewer?

                  Those are artifacts in the original image resulting from movement of things at the scene. It
                  was shot with a rotating digital scanning back camera during fairly windy conditions. Windy
                  enough at times to vibrate the carbon fiber tripod during the scan, creating some other
                  artifacts in the image. One of the side-effects of using such technology.

                  Here is a little video I captured with my phone from that very shoot showing the camera at
                  the location. (will need quicktime to view)

                  http://www.bohonus.com/temp/butte_shoot.3gp

                  -bradford
                • Roger Berry
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 3, 2008
                    I ended up putting the Pushkar Camel Fair panorama on the Gigapan.org
                    site, here's the link to it.
                    http://share.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id=5735

                    Enjoy,
                    Roger Berry

                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Bernhard Vogl" <bvogl@...> wrote:

                    > > > Also the only program I have for posting this full size on the
                    internet
                    > > > is Zoomify and I don't like not being able to view it full
                    screen [...]
                    > You actually can display Zoomify - like any other plugin -
                    "fullscreen".
                    > See this example at http://www.austria-
                    360.at/ooe/200706_gmunden2.htm

                    > HTH
                    > Bernhard

                  • Roger Berry
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 3, 2008
                      Here's another large panoramic view showing the golden city of
                      Jaisalmer, on the northwest fringe of India in the Thar Desert.
                      http://www.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id=5757

                      Enjoy,
                      Roger Berry
                    • crane@ukonline.co.uk
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 4, 2008
                        Quoting Roger Berry <onezebra1@...>:

                        > Here's another large panoramic view showing the golden city of
                        > Jaisalmer, on the northwest fringe of India in the Thar Desert.
                        > http://www.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id=5757

                        In those hippy days I recall being on the kyber pass and the sky went green
                        there in the distance was a little cloud which was making it's very own
                        thunderstorm.

                        regrads

                        mick

                      • crane@ukonline.co.uk
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 4, 2008
                          Quoting Roger Berry <onezebra1@...>:

                          > Here's another large panoramic view showing the golden city of
                          > Jaisalmer, on the northwest fringe of India in the Thar Desert.
                          > http://www.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id=5757

                          actually as you are there could you go to Benares and take some photos at
                          night.
                          regards

                          mick