Re: [PanoToolsNG] Cave -- Enfuse

  • Fung Yu
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2008
      Hi Peter,

      Great work! And the cave is really nice.

      I recently did a cave VR as well:
      http://www.virtualphilippines.net/Panoramas/Coron/kayangan_cave.html

      Done with Enfuse also. But I blend the individual images 1st before
      stitching. Canon 40D, Sigma 8mm, same exposure brackets, and
      with zenith shot.

      Cheers!

      At 06:11 AM 6/1/2008, you wrote:

      ><http://www.mediavr.com/baal.htm>http://www.mediavr.com/baal.htm
      >this is a cave I shot last week -- a "show cave" as they say -- with
      >lighting, paths, steps etc
      >
      >I didnt have much time to shoot this so couldnt do as much bracketing
      >as I would have liked but what you see is a 3 exposure 4 stop bracket
      >(-2, 0 2EV). With this kind of spot lighting on bright surfaces in a
      >cave you would need another 4 stops to get the extreme highlights I
      >think. I will have to get a little laptop to program these extended
      >exposure sequences.
      >
      >Because nothing was moving I could stitch the individual exposure
      >sequences first into panos before blending the 3 stitched panos into
      >a composite with Enfuse. Initially I loaded all the images into PTGui
      >including the exposure variants because my tripod wasnt so stable and
      >I wanted to optimize all exposures individually to compensate for
      >slight movements.
      >
      >This is 500ISO, Canon5d, Sigma 15mm, f5. Two rows. (I should have done
      >a separate zenith shot as the edge sharpness of the Sigma is not too
      >good at f5.)
      >
      >Peter Murphy
      ><http://www.mediavr.com/blog>http://www.mediavr.com/blog

    • paul womack
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2008
        Jann Lipka wrote:
        > ( I think it would work with a camera that has live view )

        (chuckle)

        For years owners of DSLRs have been telling us humble
        compact camera users that a "proper" viewfinder is essential,
        and the P&S LCD viewfinders have too much lag.

        So what's the latest DSLR "must have" feature?

        The same viewfinder P&S's have!

        BugBear
      • panovrx
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 6, 2008
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Jann Lipka <jann@...> wrote:

          > I've done a shoot in a similar location , and from what I found it
          is
          > difficult to
          > use Breeze DSLR Remote PRo to photograph this kind of contrasty
          lighting
          > .
          >

          > With long exposures what I think is important is "mirror up" and
          then
          all of
          > a sudden
          > Application cannot comunicate with the camera .

          I will have to test the Breeze Remote demo ... thanks for the info!
          Here is another pano from my trip to the caves ... of a large outdoor
          cavern
          http://www.mediavr.com/grandarch.htm
          This was a 6 shot bracket -- about 9 stops. Here with Enfuse I found
          it
          better to gnerate two panoramas with Enfuse. The first with the
          bottom
          three exposures. The second with the top three. And then Enfuse those
          two panoramas.

          Peter Murphy
          http://www.mediavr.com/blog