panos from portugal

  • pedro_silva58
    Message 1 of 49 , May 30, 2008
      greetings!
      i am pleased to announce that bernhard vogl has been graciously
      hosting a few of my images at his hdview.at site. as the site name
      suggests, it uses hdview technology (let us not rehash the platform/os
      wars, please). all the images from portugal -- ranging from 120 thru
      500 megapixels -- are mine (for now?), and awaiting your visit. some
      of the images have a few suggested annotated views, but don't let that
      stop you from discovering other interesting spots...
      i would welcome your comments, especially if critical.
      cheers,
      pedro
    • bohonus
      Message 49 of 49 , Jun 13, 2008
        "tar" is also an option. You can also use tar to split the file into smaller pieces for easier
        upload. Additionally, being that the jpeg images are already compressed you won't gain
        much by compressing them again with zip etc. You will of course need shell access on your
        destination server to un-tar the files/directories into their proper locations.