R.I.P. panotools.info

  • John Riley
    Message 1 of 9 , May 29 8:32 AM
      For those of you who don't frequent the QTVR list, this message
      appeared there yesterday. I thought it might be of interest here,
      considering the history behind this list.

      > Message: 3
      > Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 17:27:52 -0700
      > From: John Spikowski <support@...>
      > Subject: PanoTools Site Closing
      > To: quicktime-vr@...
      >

      > List,
      >
      > Due to the lack of participation on the forum / mailing list and the
      > loss of sponsors, the PanoTools site will be closing at the end of
      > May.
      >
      > John Spikowski
      > PanoTools Admin. Support
      > http://www.panotools.info

      John Riley
      johnriley@...
      jriley@...

    • Robert Bilsland
      Message 2 of 9 , May 29 10:21 AM
        John Spikowski posted an announcement over in the panoguide forums 3
        days ago too (http://www.panoguide.com/forums/commercial/4915/).

        Bob Bilsland.

        > For those of you who don't frequent the QTVR list, this message
        > appeared there yesterday. I thought it might be of interest here,
        > considering the history behind this list.
        >

        > > Message: 3
        > > Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 17:27:52 -0700
        > > From: John Spikowski <support@...>
        > > Subject: PanoTools Site Closing
        > > To: quicktime-vr@...
        > >

        > > List,
        > >
        > > Due to the lack of participation on the forum / mailing list and the
        > > loss of sponsors, the PanoTools site will be closing at the end of
        > > May.
        > >
        > > John Spikowski
        > > PanoTools Admin. Support
        > > http://www.panotools.info
        >

        > John Riley
        > johnriley@...
        > jriley@...

      • Luca Vascon
        Message 3 of 9 , May 29 11:39 AM
          Bocca mia taci!
          :-)

        • PanoToolsNG.10.m8@spamgourmet.com
          Message 4 of 9 , May 29 5:17 PM
            Do you think this could/should be noted in the wiki "PanoTools:History" ?
            rgds,
            DM

            )For those of you who don't frequent the QTVR list, this
            )message appeared there yesterday. I thought it might be of
            )interest here, considering the history behind this list.
            )
            )>
            )> Message: 3
            )> Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 17:27:52 -0700
            )> From: John Spikowski <support@...>
            )> Subject: PanoTools Site Closing
            )> To: quicktime-vr@...
            )>
            )>
            )> List,
            )>
            )> Due to the lack of participation on the forum / mailing list and the
            )> loss of sponsors, the PanoTools site will be closing at the end of
            )> May.
            )>
            )> John Spikowski
            )> PanoTools Admin. Support
            )> http://www.panotools.info
            )
            )
            )
            )John Riley
            )johnriley@...
            )jriley@...
            )
            )
            )
            )
            )
            )
            )[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            )
            )
            )------------------------------------
            )
            )--
            )
            )
            )
            Message 5 of 9 , May 30 4:29 AM
              On Friday, May 30, 2008 at 9:47, PanoToolsNG.10.m8@...
              wrote:

              > Do you think this could/should be noted in the wiki "PanoTools:History" ?

              Done: http://wiki.panotools.org/PanoTools:History

              best regards
            • crane@ukonline.co.uk
              Message 6 of 9 , May 30 4:32 AM
                Quoting Erik Krause <erik.krause@...>:

                > On Friday, May 30, 2008 at 9:47, PanoToolsNG.10.m8@...
                > wrote:
                >
                > > Do you think this could/should be noted in the wiki "PanoTools:History" ?
                >
                > Done: http://wiki.panotools.org/PanoTools:History

                you should first wipe the eyeballs with cotton wool just to make sure.

                mick

                Message 7 of 9 , May 30 4:44 AM
                  On Friday, May 30, 2008 at 12:32, crane@... wrote:

                  > > Done: http://wiki.panotools.org/PanoTools:History
                  >
                  > you should first wipe the eyeballs with cotton wool just to make sure.

                  -> "Firefox can't find the server at www.panotools.info."

                  :-)

                  best regards
                • yuval_levy
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 30 8:40 AM
                    > -> "Firefox can't find the server at www.panotools.info."
                    >
                    > :-)

                    not much to be :-) about. If the domain expires it will be hijacked by
                    spammers and abused for link-farming. That's no good for anybody.

                    another topic: AFAIK John is still banned from this group. Now that
                    the copyright infringement is gone, there is no more reason to uphold
                    the ban. I petition the mods to do the right thing and lift the ban.

                    John has the right to do what he wants with panotools.info as long as
                    he does not infringe on others' rights. I'd dare to suggest pointing
                    the domain at panotools.org. It won't clear the slate completely as
                    the past can't be wiped out or forgotten, but it would be a positive
                    way to move forward together.

                    Yuv
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 30 12:57 PM
                      On Friday, May 30, 2008 at 15:40, yuval_levy wrote:

                      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Erik Krause" <erik.krause@...> wrote:
                      > > -> "Firefox can't find the server at www.panotools.info."
                      > >
                      > > :-)
                      >
                      > not much to be :-) about. If the domain expires it will be hijacked by
                      > spammers and abused for link-farming. That's no good for anybody.

                      shall we apply for it?

                      > another topic: AFAIK John is still banned from this group. Now that
                      > the copyright infringement is gone, there is no more reason to uphold
                      > the ban. I petition the mods to do the right thing and lift the ban.

                      Technically he is not banned:
                      The question is, shall we let him in without an excuse for all his
                      bickering, his blackmail attempts and his false accusations?

                      Please discuss on Panotools-List, not here. This is off topic here,
                      please do not respond!

                      > John has the right to do what he wants with panotools.info as long as
                      > he does not infringe on others' rights. I'd dare to suggest pointing
                      > the domain at panotools.org. It won't clear the slate completely as
                      > the past can't be wiped out or forgotten, but it would be a positive
                      > way to move forward together.
                      >
                      > Yuv

                      crossposted to PanotoolsNG and Panotools-List

                      best regards
                      PanotoolsNG and Panotools-List moderator
                      Panotools wiki sysop