Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Non-linear anamorphic panorama projections?

  • Bernhard Vogl
    Message 1 of 12 , May 26 4:28 PM
      Hello Helmut,
      > you can do that with Panotools:
      > Use the "Correct" plug-in or PTStitcher or mpremap,
      > and perform a "radial correction" in vertical mode.
      > This mode was meant to correct lenses in the Panoscan
      > or similar cameras. You have to rotate the image by 90degrees
      > before and back after the conversion. With the polynomial
      > parameters you should be able to get almost any
      > nonlinear stretch, while the center region should stay
      > constant.
      >
      > With mpremap you could set up a pipe and batch-convert
      > movies.

      That's super! So, if i understand you correctly, the mpremap binary from
      http://webuser.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch/mp/MotionPanoramas.html
      has also included above radial correction?

      Thank you! This tread has given me some new ideas. The St. Peter video
      at above page reminded me that i have a fisheye lens for my
      video-camera, but i never really liked the look and always used the cam
      at default wideangle settings. I will try what it looks like at a 4:3
      squeezed format.

      BTW: If you want your videos to look very steady, you may take a look at
      the "Deshaker" plugin: http://www.guthspot.se/video/deshaker.htm
      (I've tried it with my bike-videos and the results is perfectly viewable:)
      http://thepanoramablog.blogspot.com/2008/05/movies-from-motorbike.html