krpano - flash10

  • krpanocoder
    Message 1 of 7 , May 16, 2008
      Hello,

      today I made a first testversion of my flash panorama viewer for the
      new flashplayer 10,
      have a look here:

      http://krpano.com/flash10

      (to test it the new flashplayer10 beta must be installed first)

      - it uses the new drawing api of flash10 (not optimizied at the moment)
      - display quality is better, but unfortunately not faster
      (at the moment!!)
      - it's a only a first test!

      best regards,
      Klaus
      krpano.com
    • dtonnes
      Message 2 of 7 , May 18, 2008
        Hi Klaus,

        Your Flash 10 sample looks very good on my laptop's 1920x1200 screen -
        smoother than any other flash-based viewer (around 30fps). Also there
        appears to be a good amount of antialiasing - it looks like it's rendered in
        shockwave. Very impressive. How many megabytes is your example? What
        pixel dimensions? Is the image equirectangular or an image strip?

        Is there a krpano discussion forum?

        Dave
        Message 3 of 7 , May 18, 2008
          I'm trying my hardest, but i can't seem to find the telltale squiggly
          (supposed to be straight) lines that are indicative of a Flash pano!

          Here I was just getting ready to switch to Flash panos, but dreading
          the jaggies....I might just wait a couple months now.

          --
          Every year is getting shorter,
          never seem to find the time,

        • krpanocoder
          Message 4 of 7 , May 19, 2008
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, dtonnes <dave@...> wrote:

            > Hi Klaus,
            >
            > Your Flash 10 sample looks very good on my laptop's 1920x1200 screen -
            > smoother than any other flash-based viewer (around 30fps). Also there
            > appears to be a good amount of antialiasing - it looks like it's
            rendered in
            > shockwave. Very impressive. How many megabytes is your example? What
            > pixel dimensions? Is the image equirectangular or an image strip?

            Hi, thanks!

            The first example is a cube panorama with 1024x1024 pixels per
            cubeside (~470KB), and the seoncd is a equirectangular with
            24576x12288 pixels (~28MB).
            When finished the second example should be so fast as the first one.

            > Is there a krpano discussion forum?

            sorry, not at the moment,
            but there is a german sub-forum on www.panorama-forum.net:
            http://www.panorama-forum.net/wbb/index.php?page=Board&boardID=31

            best regards,
            Klaus

            > Dave

          • dtonnes
            Message 5 of 7 , May 19, 2008
              It is really remarkable Klaus!

              Is there a difference in how efficiently krpano displays cube strips vs.
              equirectangular images? For instance cube strips look better in
              Immervision's java player.

              I looked at your first sample again and noticed a few things on my WinXP
              machine:

              1. Using IE 7, in fullscreen mode the pano follows the mouse input
              erratically. When not in fullscreen, it follows the mouse smoothly. Using
              Firefox, it is smooth in both modes.

              2. Using IE 7, it appears that when there is another flash running (on
              another browser tab or window, i.e. a youtube video or whatever), the FPS is
              halved (17fps vs. 30fps). Firefox keeps the fast framerate regardless.

              3. In fullscreen mode I get near 40fps. When not in fullscreen, it is
              around 30fps. Both browsers.

              Perhaps some of these issues are because Flash 10 is still in beta. But
              this is really exciting -- high fps, antialiased panoramas displayed in
              Flash! Keep up the good work!

              Dave

              Message 6 of 7 , May 31, 2008
                Am Monday, May 19, 2008 um 9:04 schrieb krpanocoder:

                > but there is a german sub-forum on www.panorama-forum.net:
                > http://www.panorama-forum.net/wbb/index.php?page=Board&boardID=31

                I've read there that QTVR support is on the todo list. Meanwhile,
                since krpano is XML based as well as f.e. SPi-V, would it be possible
                to modify qtparser.php in order to work with krpano? qtparser.php
                reads the MOV file and gives back an XML structure and extracts the
                images from the MOV on the fly. It would be nice to have something
                similar for krpano.

                More detail on qtparser here:
                http://www.fieldofview.com/spv-dev/projects/qtparser

                Anyone volunteer to modify qtparser for krpano?

                best regards
                Offenburger Str. 33
                79108 Freiburg
              • Carel
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 1, 2008
                  krpanocoder wrote:

                  > Hello,
                  >
                  > today I made a first testversion of my flash panorama viewer for the
                  > new flashplayer 10,
                  > have a look here:
                  >
                  > http://krpano.com/flash10

                  Does not seem to work on my Mac. After installing Flash 10 beta the krpano
                  link generated an adobe message that version 9 had to be installed. Will try
                  on a PC later today.

                  Carel