Pano2QTVR and overlays

  • yuval_levy
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 10, 2006
      Hello,

      I need to put an overlay over a QTVR.

      Is there a way to achieve this with Pano2QTVR?

      Alternatively, could somebody with software who can do this help me /
      point me in the right direction?

      Thanks
      Yuv
    • wuuuz_144
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 10, 2006
        Hi Yuv,

        > I need to put an overlay over a QTVR.
        >
        > Is there a way to achieve this with Pano2QTVR?

        Yes! Just go to "Additional Sprites" click "Add", select the file you
        want (JPEG, GIF, PNG, SWF what ever), check visible and position it
        where ever you want.

        MfG, Thomas
      • yuval_levy
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 11, 2006
          Hi Thomas,
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "wuuuz_144" <yahoo@...> wrote:
          > > I need to put an overlay over a QTVR.
          > >
          > > Is there a way to achieve this with Pano2QTVR?
          >
          > Yes! Just go to "Additional Sprites" click "Add", select the file you
          > want (JPEG, GIF, PNG, SWF what ever), check visible and position it
          > where ever you want.

          It works, but not exactly as intended. Tried with a 24bit PNG with
          transparency. The image is there but the transparency is... ehehm...
          very weird with some colors from the old background and stripes from
          the foreground.

          I tried with "transparent" and with "copy" as blend option. Any idea?

          MfG, Yuv
        • Thomas Rauscher
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 11, 2006
            Hello yuv,

            on Wednesday, July 12, 2006, 00:17:08 you wrote:

            >> > I need to put an overlay over a QTVR.
            >> > Is there a way to achieve this with Pano2QTVR?
            >> Yes! Just go to "Additional Sprites" click "Add", select the file you
            >> want (JPEG, GIF, PNG, SWF what ever), check visible and position it
            >> where ever you want.

            y> It works, but not exactly as intended. Tried with a 24bit PNG with
            y> transparency. The image is there but the transparency is... ehehm...
            y> very weird with some colors from the old background and stripes from
            y> the foreground.

            y> I tried with "transparent" and with "copy" as blend option. Any idea?

            I guess the transparent PNG is not working correct. A good way to do
            this things is to choose a color key for your overlay image, than set
            the blend mode to "transparent" and choose this color in the Color
            box.

            A small example:

            - draw the overlay image with white background
            - save it without alpha channel as PNG
            - import this image into Pano2QTVR as "additional sprite"
            - Check "visible"
            - Move the rectangle to the position where you want to have the image
            - Set blend mode to "transparent"
            - Select white in the "color" box

            that's it!

            I hope this helps.

            MfG,
            Thomas.
          • yuval levy
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 11, 2006
              Thanks Thomas, it worked - more or less. It left a one
              pixel border in the background color of the overlay
              and I guess the problem was with the PNG 8 bit alpha
              channel.

              Also I would have a few useability suggestions /
              feature requests:

              1. Zoom: when setting up for fullscreen, the white
              surface representing the movies overlaps the window
              size. when scrolling I sometimes do not see the sprite
              placement. A zoom factor to fit it all in the window
              would be highly appreciated.

              2. Coordinates references - currently it is from the
              left/top. how about adding a checkbox next to each of
              the number to determine whether it should be from the
              left or the right, and from the top or the bottom?

              3. Width/height: how about reading initial values as
              the W/H of the loaded graphic? most people will want
              to use that, I suspect, for a different value will
              result in weird stretching and it is easier to deal
              with the dimension of the overlay in photoshop.

              Thank you very much for this great tool and your fast
              and friendly support!

              Yuv

              http://mail.yahoo.com