Re: [PanoToolsNG] hugin and enfuse used for refocusing

  • Daniel Reetz
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2008
      > A little delayed, but i did not see your response until today.
      > It is a single shot. Thats the beauty of it. Light field photography with
      > plenoptics. They use a special micro sphere filter in front of the sensor. A
      > matrix of thousands of spheres in one frame.
      > With software the can then virtually walk through the entire dof and render
      > any plane the wish.

      Hi Milko, thanks for writing. I realized much later that I was unclear
      when writing. I' saw several different techniques at the ACM SIGGRAPH
      conference last year. There were moving cameras, very large camera
      arrays, and of course the microlens-based approach. That was the
      source of my confusion.

      > > It also appears to be distinct from Tufuse, which uses focus-bracketed
      > > shots (this technique does not require focus bracketed shots).
      > >
      > Thats our alternative until this filter/software becomes commercially
      > available. Until that time focus-stacking and hard mask blending!
      >
      > > Hopefully he does a more comprehensive writeup detailing his
      > > technique, or someone here has a little more info.
      > >
      > http://graphics.stanford.edu/papers/lfcamera/

      Ah, yeah, I had seen that and the other Stanford papers. Again I was
      unclear. I meant Mike's technique using Hugin to do computational
      photography! He saw my request in Google search results, and made a
      very nice tutorial here:

      http://mikewarot.blogspot.com/2008/02/synthetic-aperture-photography-with.html

      That's what I meant by a writeup. Thanks and cheers,
      DR