Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Best Flash Player: krpano

  • Alan Pinstein
    Message 1 of 65 , May 3 7:54 AM
      For TourBuzz, our commercial virtual tour hosting system (http://
      tourbuzz.net), we create multiple resolutions for each image. A
      single small image, and a large tiled one with a preview (for fast

      We then use javascript to determine window size and then display the
      panorama with the appropriate resolution. As the user resizes the
      window, javascript makes sure that the appropriate image resolution
      is always displayed. It took a *long* time to write and perfect the
      javascript for this task, as it's pretty complicated and difficult to
      do across all browsers. But it is possible!

      I have been writing a blog on virtual tour technology, and the first
      post was all about tour UI's. If you're interested:

      http://activerain.com/blogsview/360747/What-makes-a-good

      Enjoy,
      Alan

      On Apr 28, 2008, at 4:58 PM, Scott Witte wrote:

      > Sacha Griffin wrote:
      > > What about using javascript....
      > :-[
      >
      > Sacha, you once again impress with your programming knowledge. I'm
      > sure
      > there is a solution in there somewhere although the javascripting
      > skills
      > are beyond me as yet.
      >
      > As to my client's concern, it could still be there, allowing the
      > visitor
      > to choose the resolution they want to view in regardless of screen
      > size.
      > Not saying it is the best way, just their currently chosen way.
      >
      > (Oh, shall I long for those days of yore, when a photographer could
      > just
      > be a photographer....)
      >
      > --
      > Scott Witte

    • Scott Witte
      Message 65 of 65 , May 3 4:42 PM
        Alan Pinstein wrote:
        > Where did you read that KRPano is built on Papervision? I just read a
        > long interview with him, and to me it doesn't sound like he uses
        > Papervision at all...
        Alan,

        You're right. In fact I posted my own correction the following day. I
        also encouraged / help Klaus join this forum so we can all benefit more
        directly from his input.

        Thanks for the article links. We can obviously look forward to great
        things from Klaus. The panning smoothness alone is impressive.

        --
        Scott Witte