RE: [PanoToolsNG] 360Precision Adjuste not being very precise!

  • Chris Thomas
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2008
      Hi Scott..

      I have an "Adjust" and it works great.

      I noticed your animated gif was a series of 5

      With the Adjust I believe it's to be set to 4/6/8/ or up to 36 shots
      around..depending on your detent ring and camera set-up. no 5 series

      When you unscrew the top with the level on it you have 4 allen keyed options

      You need to tighten down the option you want to shot.. The others should
      be"up"

      If you tighten too much or not enough the ring will not "snap" securely or
      will not move easily.

      Check all your settings, if that doesn't work.. they'll solve your problem
      through "support".

      Good luck

      chris

      Chris Thomas

      Photographer

      cell... 604-649-5352

      In North America

      call... 1-800-870-5110

      Message 2 of 5 , May 4, 2008
        For anyone interested (and based on how many followed the link to my
        animated GIF a lot of you were), I want to report that Stu kindly took
        time from his weekend to help me sort out the problem. When I started
        this I got a variation of 5 to 9 pixels between shots taken at the same
        detent. After the adjustments Stu recommended I am down to one or two,
        it seems. That should work for me.

        So, Thanks, Stu!

        --
        Scott Witte
        ---------------------------------

        Member, APA | Midwest

      • John Riley
        Message 3 of 5 , May 4, 2008
          What did you have to adjust?

          John Riley
          johnriley@...
          jriley@...

          On May 4, 2008, at 3:19 PM, Scott Witte wrote:

          > For anyone interested (and based on how many followed the link to my
          > animated GIF a lot of you were), I want to report that Stu kindly took
          > time from his weekend to help me sort out the problem. When I started
          > this I got a variation of 5 to 9 pixels between shots taken at the
          > same
          > detent. After the adjustments Stu recommended I am down to one or two,
          > it seems. That should work for me.
          >
          > So, Thanks, Stu!
          >
          > --
          > Scott Witte

        • Scott Witte
          Message 4 of 5 , May 4, 2008
            John Riley wrote:
            > What did you have to adjust?
            Simply put, the detent plunger tension. (I have the MK1 version of the
            head.) It was worrisome loosening the screw to make the adjustment as it
            was frozen with Locktite or something similar and I was afraid I would
            strip the head. But I managed. By changing the tension I got something
            that seems good. I will know better after this week's VR shoot.

            --
            Scott Witte