Re: [PanoToolsNG] ANN: Coming soon: Nodal Ninja 180 for single row panoramic photography

  • Bill Bailey
    Message 1 of 27 , May 2, 2008
      Hi Matt,
      Hope all's well in the UK.
      We too considered a lens clamp type mount but decided to steer clear. We
      contacted Nikon about possible warranty issues should they arise from people
      using a clamp type bracket on their lenses.
      They said basically that this could indeed create undo stress on the lens
      mount and that their camera and lenses were not designed to be used in this
      fashion. Some Nikon mounts are plastic and some metal, the plastic is
      obviously more sensitive. And face it - lens clamping type systems (and
      there are many out there) may very easily add extra weight to the lens mount
      area by adding battery packs, placing and resting there hand on the camera
      while taking photos etc. Also moving the entire rig while on the tripod with
      a lens clamp could also add stress. This is also one reason long lenses have
      tripod collars - to lessen torque on the lens mounting plate.

      We were not willing to accept this potential risk. If any damage occurred to
      the lens mount and/or camera side of mount using it under a configuration of
      this sort it would in fact "not" be covered under Nikon warranty. This is in
      the words of Nikon which a call to the company would confirm. So we opted
      for a different design. That said you might want to include a disclaimer.
      Should anyone consider using a bracket of any sort, NN or otherwise, and in
      doubt if a warranty would be compromised just call your local authorized
      camera dealer and ask.

      You have an excellent line up of products as do many other vendors
      (including us). Those seeking solutions under the $100 range we send to
      Greg. Those seeking a high end design with budgets of a $1000+ we send them
      your way - and I know some have resulted in sales for you :-)

      All the best
      Bill

      Matthew Rogers-2 wrote:

      > There's nothing sensitive about the part of the lens the Atome clasp
      > attaches to. Plus, you can already use the base section of an Adjuste
      > in exactly the same way as the NN180, you just get a much higher
      > quality product that can then also be upgraded to a full spherical head.
      >
      > Also, I'm surprised you didn't call the Rotator D8 and D12 the Nodal
      > Ninja D300N after the Manfrotto base it bears a slight (ha ha ha ha
      > ha) resemblance to.
      >
      > Matt
      >
      > On 2 May 2008, at 17:11, Bill Bailey wrote:
      >

      >> Hi Ken,
      >> The NN180 does not mount or clamp onto the sensitive plastic shell
      >> of a
      >> camera lens and we're not trying to emulate other fisheye brackets.
      >> Because the camera/lens will mount directly to the bracket by way of
      >> the
      >> camera tripod mount this allows for add-on adapters to meet the
      >> needs of
      >> those wanting partial tilt. This is also a universal head allowing
      >> for use
      >> with all wide angle lenses.
      >> I might wipe the dust of my FC-E9 and give it go once released ;-)
      >> Cheers
      >> Bill
      >>
      >> Ken Warner-3 wrote:
      >> >
      >> > That's almost a completely good idea -- like the new Atome from
      >> > 360Precision.
      >> >
      >> > BUT!
      >> >
      >> > You got to have a tilt axis. You have to have a way to shoot
      >> straight up
      >> > and down some 30-60 degrees. Not straight down but down a bit.
      >> >
      >> > The price and weight are perfect but you got to have tilt....

      >> Nodal Ninja:

      >> the
      >> combinations which
      >> panos
      >> with

      >> lens
      >> Sigma
      >> making
      >> panos.
      >> cropped
      >> (to be

      >> socket)
      >> and Nikon
      >> works
      >> 90, 60,
      >> spherical
      >> that they

      >> black.

      >> --

    • ptgroup
      Message 2 of 27 , May 2, 2008
        dalileis:
        at least you can trade it in : Matt wil pay 95 GBP !
        http://www.panoguide.com/forums/commercial/4800/

        At least I am a very satisfied NN user and Bill responses to his customer.

        Looks like 360P doesn´t need customers:
        http://www.panorama-forum.net/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=17015#post170
        15

        I am in contact with Thorsten Ohme from PanoMaxx - they developed a nice
        head for a very reasonable price.

        ciao
        mike
        www.360de.de

        Message 3 of 27 , May 2, 2008
          Hi Mike

          I guess you´re kidding in which case :o)

          However, I would never ever recommend anyone to buy into this kind of
          marketing and trade in their Nodal Ninjas for that way over priced
          other product.

          What I´m sayin: Nodal Ninja is a professional panohead, used by
          professionals all over the world, which are praising it for its value
          AND quality AND the great support.

          360precision is also a professional panohead, but the person marketing
          it is using such low blows that it´s starting to annoy the hell out of
          me, and I know I am not the only one.

          In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ptgroup" <ptgroup@...> wrote:

          > dalileis:
          > at least you can trade it in : Matt wil pay 95 GBP !
          > http://www.panoguide.com/forums/commercial/4800/
          >
          > At least I am a very satisfied NN user and Bill responses to his
          customer.

          > Looks like 360P doesn´t need customers:

          http://www.panorama-forum.net/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=17015#post170
          > 15
          >
          > I am in contact with Thorsten Ohme from PanoMaxx - they developed a nice
          > head for a very reasonable price.
          >

          > ciao
          > mike
          > www.360de.de

          02.05.2008
          > 16:34

        • ptgroup
          Message 4 of 27 , May 2, 2008
            dalileis:
            of course I am !!!!!!
            What did you expect after the all in this thread ????

            And "IF" - I would try to trad my stuff in at Bills NN store.
            ciao
            mike
            www.360de.de

            I guess you´re kidding in which case :o)

            However, I would never ever recommend anyone to buy into this kind of
            marketing and trade in their Nodal Ninjas for that way over priced
            other product.

            What I´m sayin: Nodal Ninja is a professional panohead, used by
            professionals all over the world, which are praising it for its value
            AND quality AND the great support.

            360precision is also a professional panohead, but the person marketing
            it is using such low blows that it´s starting to annoy the hell out of
            me, and I know I am not the only one.

            In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ptgroup" <ptgroup@...> wrote:

            > dalileis:
            > at least you can trade it in : Matt wil pay 95 GBP !
            > http://www.panoguide.com/forums/commercial/4800/
            >
            > At least I am a very satisfied NN user and Bill responses to his
            customer.

            > Looks like 360P doesn´t need customers:

            http://www.panorama-forum.net/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=17015#post1
            70
            > 15
            >
            > I am in contact with Thorsten Ohme from PanoMaxx - they developed a nice
            > head for a very reasonable price.
            >

            > ciao
            > mike
            > www.360de.de

            02.05.2008
            > 16:34

            Checked by AVG.
            16:34

          • Stuart Milne
            Message 5 of 27 , May 2, 2008
              Dalileis,

              >"Only amateurs use Nodal Ninja".
              Your words. Not mine, nor Matthew's. I do not attempt to put words into your mouth, please extend me the same courtesy.

              >Who would you rather entrust your money to via Paypal? Bill or Matthew?
              An Inference of 360P perpetrated theft? Wonderful.*

              >Testimonials can be altered, remember the method being used here and elsewhere.
              Liars as well? If you wish contact me offlist with any particular concerns over our bona-fide testimonials.

              A public apology would be appreciated, although judging by your demeanor to date, I shan't expect it to be forthcoming.

              Also, whilst I would have preferred Bill to have contacted me privately with any potential concerns he had over our design, what is done is done. I think Bill knows I'm a fan of his, he is a standup no-nonsense guy with a passion for panos. We can all do with more like him. My background is in Engineering, and I am 100% confident in my design. Ultimately from a torque&loading perspective on the lens mount it is identical to a telephoto lens mount system, which nikon sell and recommend in their lens instruction manuals.

              To be honest, I had hoped to just let this lie as I've been drawn into spats on this list in the past and quite frankly I'm tired of them. Ultimately it just makes everyone look silly and there are no winners. Let's let the products and outputs speak for themselves.

              Kindest,

              Stu@360P

              *If I misunderstand your comment, and you meant to say that you believe that Bill would use the money more effectively than 360P, then that may well be. 1/2 our profits we spend on beer, go-karting, and games consoles. The other 1/2 we just waste!

            • Bill Bailey
              Message 6 of 27 , May 2, 2008
                Hey guys,
                We really appreciate your support and it's humbling. I do not mean to create
                any waves between vendors and we do respect our competition regardless. But
                more importantly we are customer driven.
                We are a small company and strive to build lasting relationships with our
                customers with hopes they might one day return to buy again. You spend $200
                on an item it's reassuring to know you have people behind you ready to
                assist should a problem arise. Our testimonials and NN forum posts will back
                us and you can simply ask around.
                Anyone can build a better widget (hey - NN widget? hmm ;-) - but it took 4
                years to build a company that humbly prides itself on a foundation of hard
                earned, old school, customer trust.
                Many thanks
                Bill

                dalileis-3 wrote:

                > Hi Mike
                >
                > I guess you´re kidding in which case :o)
                >
                > However, I would never ever recommend anyone to buy into this kind of
                > marketing and trade in their Nodal Ninjas for that way over priced
                > other product.
                >
                > What I´m sayin: Nodal Ninja is a professional panohead, used by
                > professionals all over the world, which are praising it for its value
                > AND quality AND the great support.
                >
                > 360precision is also a professional panohead, but the person marketing
                > it is using such low blows that it´s starting to annoy the hell out of
                > me, and I know I am not the only one.
                >
                > In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ptgroup" <ptgroup@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> dalileis:
                >> at least you can trade it in : Matt wil pay 95 GBP !
                >> http://www.panoguide.com/forums/commercial/4800/
                >>
                >> At least I am a very satisfied NN user and Bill responses to his
                > customer.
                >>
                >> Looks like 360P doesn´t need customers:
                >>
                > http://www.panorama-forum.net/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=17015#post170
                >> 15
                >>
                >> I am in contact with Thorsten Ohme from PanoMaxx - they developed a nice
                >> head for a very reasonable price.
                >>

                >> ciao
                >> mike
                >> www.360de.de

              • dalileis
                Message 7 of 27 , May 2, 2008
                  "An Inference of 360P perpetrated theft? Wonderful."

                  "Liars as well? If you wish contact me offlist with any particular
                  concerns over our bona-fide testimonials."

                  Stu, those are your words, not mine. I do not attempt to put words
                  into your mouth, please extend me the same courtesy.

                  Kindest,

                  Semantic Ninja

                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Stuart Milne" <stuart@...> wrote:

                  > Dalileis,
                  >
                  > >"Only amateurs use Nodal Ninja".
                  > Your words. Not mine, nor Matthew's. I do not attempt to put words
                  into your mouth, please extend me the same courtesy.

                  > >Who would you rather entrust your money to via Paypal? Bill or
                  Matthew?
                  > An Inference of 360P perpetrated theft? Wonderful.*
                  >
                  > >Testimonials can be altered, remember the method being used here
                  and elsewhere.
                  > Liars as well? If you wish contact me offlist with any particular
                  concerns over our bona-fide testimonials.

                  > A public apology would be appreciated, although judging by your
                  demeanor to date, I shan't expect it to be forthcoming.

                  > Also, whilst I would have preferred Bill to have contacted me
                  privately with any potential concerns he had over our design, what is
                  done is done. I think Bill knows I'm a fan of his, he is a standup
                  no-nonsense guy with a passion for panos. We can all do with more like
                  him. My background is in Engineering, and I am 100% confident in my
                  design. Ultimately from a torque&loading perspective on the lens mount
                  it is identical to a telephoto lens mount system, which nikon sell and
                  recommend in their lens instruction manuals.

                  > To be honest, I had hoped to just let this lie as I've been drawn
                  into spats on this list in the past and quite frankly I'm tired of
                  them. Ultimately it just makes everyone look silly and there are no
                  winners. Let's let the products and outputs speak for themselves.

                  > Kindest,
                  >
                  > Stu@360P
                  >
                  > *If I misunderstand your comment, and you meant to say that you
                  believe that Bill would use the money more effectively than 360P, then
                  that may well be. 1/2 our profits we spend on beer, go-karting, and
                  games consoles. The other 1/2 we just waste!

                • Andrew Crawford
                  Message 8 of 27 , May 2, 2008
                    Ken Warner wrote:
                    > While I am one to beat a dead horse frequently. All
                    > I'm going to say is that my monopod doesn't need a
                    > rotator -- but it needs a way to position the lens
                    > over the axis of rotation and tilt the camera
                    > around the nodal point easily.

                    You mean something like this?

                    http://www.evermore.com/temp/PanoBracket/

                    I took a few measurements, played with a piece of cardboard for a few
                    minutes and, had a local steel place fabricate this for me. Then, I
                    covered it with a clear protective coat, glued on some cork, and
                    installed a threaded bolt. It took a few whacks with a hammer to get it
                    spot-on but, it works fantastic. Of course, it is specific to a
                    particular body and lens combination (Canon Rebel and Nikon 10.5mm fisheye).

                    Andrew Crawford
                  • Matthew Rogers
                    Message 9 of 27 , May 2, 2008

                      > I guess you´re kidding in which case :o)
                      >
                      > However, I would never ever recommend anyone to buy into this kind of
                      > marketing and trade in their Nodal Ninjas for that way over priced
                      > other product.

                      What are you talking about, I get asked all the time if we take trade-
                      ins and on the rare occasion we do. There's absolutely nothing wrong
                      with offering a trade-in, Nodal Ninja buy back pano-heads. Lot's of
                      industries offer trade-ins. Maybe you didn’t realise you can trade-in
                      your old car and get money off a new one :) It's not as though we're
                      poaching email addresses from email lists and forums and spamming
                      people. We were 100% honest and upfront about the deal. And some
                      people have already responded in excitement to the offer.

                      What you also may not realise is that a large percentage of our
                      customers upgrade from other panoheads. Quite often they just throw
                      the old in the back of the cupboard or flog it on ebay. I know I still
                      have three old Kaidan heads rumbling around somewhere.

                      We're actually going to set-up a programme where-by students can apply
                      for the panoheads free of charge on a case by case basis.

                      We've now sold well over 1,000 panoheads and I've only ever had one
                      customer tell me that they thought that the head was over-priced.
                      Until you've actually seen one and used it day to day you have no
                      right to comment. You can say what you want but the Absolute and
                      Adjuste are the only panoheads available that are accurate enough to
                      offer true batch stitching.

                      If you run a business shooting panoramas and not just as a hobby then
                      you might be able to actually see the benefit. We get emails from
                      customers all the time telling us that without the 360Precision
                      Absolute there's no way they could shoot and produce the amount of
                      content they can in such short timeframes. And in some cases, without
                      our products their projects would never be viable.

                      > What I´m sayin: Nodal Ninja is a professional panohead, used by
                      > professionals all over the world, which are praising it for its value
                      > AND quality AND the great support.

                      It was tongue in cheek, you need to chill out and not take everything
                      so seriously. But can you use an Hasselblad H3D with a 150mm lens or a
                      1DsMK3 with a 500mm lens on a Nodal Ninja, probably not and it's not
                      designed to handle it. Again, unless you've actually seen or used our
                      products you don't know what you're talking about.
                      > 360precision is also a professional panohead, but the person marketing
                      > it is using such low blows that it´s starting to annoy the hell out of
                      > me, and I know I am not the only one.

                      How is offering a trade-in any different than offering to buy back a
                      product ? It's actually more fair to the buyer because we're not
                      restricting the offer to just trade-ins on old 360Precision heads.

                      > In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ptgroup" <ptgroup@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > dalileis:
                      > > at least you can trade it in : Matt wil pay 95 GBP !
                      > > http://www.panoguide.com/forums/commercial/4800/
                      > >
                      > > At least I am a very satisfied NN user and Bill responses to his
                      > customer.
                      > >
                      > > Looks like 360P doesn´t need customers:
                      > >
                      > http://www.panorama-forum.net/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=17015#post170
                      > > 15
                      > >
                      > > I am in contact with Thorsten Ohme from PanoMaxx - they developed
                      > a nice
                      > > head for a very reasonable price.
                      > >

                      > > ciao
                      > > mike
                      > > www.360de.de

                    • Ken Warner
                      Message 10 of 27 , May 2, 2008
                        Yes, something like that. I really don't want to carry more
                        weight around than necessary. Any of the commercial
                        pano heads would do but in most cases they are over kill
                        because they have to work for a whole bunch of different
                        cameras. So far, the NN series is closest to what I want.

                        I keep waiting for the right auction on eBay.

                        I could build something myself if I had access to a machine shop.
                        Living on a budget and without tools sucks...

                        Andrew Crawford wrote:
                        > Ken Warner wrote:
                        >
                        >>While I am one to beat a dead horse frequently. All
                        >>I'm going to say is that my monopod doesn't need a
                        >>rotator -- but it needs a way to position the lens
                        >>over the axis of rotation and tilt the camera
                        >>around the nodal point easily.
                        >

                        > You mean something like this?
                        >
                        > http://www.evermore.com/temp/PanoBracket/
                        >
                        > I took a few measurements, played with a piece of cardboard for a few
                        > minutes and, had a local steel place fabricate this for me. Then, I
                        > covered it with a clear protective coat, glued on some cork, and
                        > installed a threaded bolt. It took a few whacks with a hammer to get it
                        > spot-on but, it works fantastic. Of course, it is specific to a
                        > particular body and lens combination (Canon Rebel and Nikon 10.5mm fisheye).
                        >
                        > Andrew Crawford

                      • Daniel Reetz
                        Message 11 of 27 , May 2, 2008
                          > I could build something myself if I had access to a machine shop.
                          > Living on a budget and without tools sucks...

                          I know how you feel. I spent a year in Russia without any tools-- it
                          was really hard. It was there that I bought a Nodal Ninja; I bought it
                          after I saw Nick Fan gracefully responding to criticism in the Realviz
                          Stitcher forums. I was impressed with his response and his willingness
                          to help with my problems with the Russian postal system.

                          When I returned to the US and had the opportunity to spend $$$ on a
                          new system, I ended up making my own. I bought a mill, mini-lathe and
                          rotary table and machined a very precise rotator to my own
                          specifications. Here's a development shot of it:

                          http://danreetz.com/ongoing/2008_daniel_reetz__0023_camera_rotator.jpg

                          To each their own. Looking forward to the 180.
                          DR

                          > Andrew Crawford wrote:
                          > > Ken Warner wrote:
                          > >
                          > >>While I am one to beat a dead horse frequently. All
                          > >>I'm going to say is that my monopod doesn't need a
                          > >>rotator -- but it needs a way to position the lens
                          > >>over the axis of rotation and tilt the camera
                          > >>around the nodal point easily.
                          > >

                          > > You mean something like this?
                          > >
                          > > http://www.evermore.com/temp/PanoBracket/
                          > >
                          > > I took a few measurements, played with a piece of cardboard for a few
                          > > minutes and, had a local steel place fabricate this for me. Then, I
                          > > covered it with a clear protective coat, glued on some cork, and
                          > > installed a threaded bolt. It took a few whacks with a hammer to get it
                          > > spot-on but, it works fantastic. Of course, it is specific to a
                          > > particular body and lens combination (Canon Rebel and Nikon 10.5mm
                          > fisheye).
                          > >
                          > > Andrew Crawford

                        • Ken Warner
                          Message 12 of 27 , May 3, 2008
                            Beautiful work! What great fun it would be to build
                            my own pano head.

                            From what I've seen on the net, I agree with your
                            views on NN and the positive attitudes of the
                            guys there.

                            I'm just trying to make the right choices for myself.

                            Daniel Reetz wrote:
                            >> I could build something myself if I had access to a machine shop.
                            >> Living on a budget and without tools sucks...
                            >

                            > I know how you feel. I spent a year in Russia without any tools-- it
                            > was really hard. It was there that I bought a Nodal Ninja; I bought it
                            > after I saw Nick Fan gracefully responding to criticism in the Realviz
                            > Stitcher forums. I was impressed with his response and his willingness
                            > to help with my problems with the Russian postal system.
                            >
                            > When I returned to the US and had the opportunity to spend $$$ on a
                            > new system, I ended up making my own. I bought a mill, mini-lathe and
                            > rotary table and machined a very precise rotator to my own
                            > specifications. Here's a development shot of it:
                            >
                            > http://danreetz.com/ongoing/2008_daniel_reetz__0023_camera_rotator.jpg
                            >
                            > To each their own. Looking forward to the 180.
                            > DR
                            >

                            >> Andrew Crawford wrote:

                            >> > You mean something like this?
                            >> >
                            >> > http://www.evermore.com/temp/PanoBracket/
                            >> >
                            >> > I took a few measurements, played with a piece of cardboard for a few
                            >> > minutes and, had a local steel place fabricate this for me. Then, I
                            >> > covered it with a clear protective coat, glued on some cork, and
                            >> > installed a threaded bolt. It took a few whacks with a hammer to get it
                            >> > spot-on but, it works fantastic. Of course, it is specific to a
                            >> > particular body and lens combination (Canon Rebel and Nikon 10.5mm
                            >>fisheye).
                            >> >
                            >> > Andrew Crawford

                          • Bill Bailey
                            Message 13 of 27 , May 3, 2008
                              Forum decorum concerns have been brought to our attention by the moderators
                              of PanoToolsNG.
                              We are very embarrassed that this announcement has taken an unprofessional
                              tone and sincerely apologize for this.
                              I believe it best we simply step aside and we'll refrain from using this
                              platform to announce future product release.
                              We would kindly ask folks to stop by our website or visit our new NN forum
                              from time to time as we have many new products on the horizon.

                              All the best.

                              Bill Bailey
                              Director Global Sales and Marketing
                              www.NodalNinja.com
                              Message 14 of 27 , May 3, 2008
                                It would be a sad loss to most of us if you had to refrain from using
                                this mailing list to announce future product release. Please reconsider.

                                AFAIK nothing has changed to the list policy. Factual commercial
                                announcements, open and honest, like those seen from you and other
                                manufacturers in the past, are and should be welcome.

                                Instead of preventing commercial announcements, the moderators should
                                IMO intervene *publicly* and isolate offensive statements before they
                                attract further reactions from the *general public*. A simple "MOD
                                NOTICE" to defuse the tension before an all out flame war breaks out
                                would have been enough.

                                Thanks for the invite to join your forum. I'll politely decline, but
                                that's me. I find that web based forums do not work well for me. High
                                barrier to participation; noisy user interface; high noise/signal ratio.

                                Please stay.
                                Yuv

                                Bill Bailey wrote:
                                > Forum decorum concerns have been brought to our attention by the moderators
                                > of PanoToolsNG.
                                > We are very embarrassed that this announcement has taken an unprofessional
                                > tone and sincerely apologize for this.
                                > I believe it best we simply step aside and we'll refrain from using this
                                > platform to announce future product release.
                                > We would kindly ask folks to stop by our website or visit our new NN forum
                                > from time to time as we have many new products on the horizon.
                                >
                                > All the best.
                                >
                                > Bill Bailey
                                > Director Global Sales and Marketing
                                > www.NodalNinja.com
                              • Keith Martin
                                Message 15 of 27 , May 3, 2008
                                  I concur 100% with Yuval's words, from the request that you and other
                                  hardware manufacturers keep posting info about new developments here,
                                  through to the personal reluctance to use web-based forums. :-)

                                  Sometime around 3/5/08 (at 14:13 -0400) Yuval Levy said:

                                  >It would be a sad loss to most of us if you had to refrain from using
                                  >this mailing list to announce future product release. Please reconsider.
                                  >
                                  >AFAIK nothing has changed to the list policy. Factual commercial
                                  >announcements, open and honest, like those seen from you and other
                                  >manufacturers in the past, are and should be welcome.
                                  >
                                  >Instead of preventing commercial announcements, the moderators should
                                  >IMO intervene *publicly* and isolate offensive statements before they
                                  >attract further reactions from the *general public*. A simple "MOD
                                  >NOTICE" to defuse the tension before an all out flame war breaks out
                                  >would have been enough.
                                  >
                                  >Thanks for the invite to join your forum. I'll politely decline, but
                                  >that's me. I find that web based forums do not work well for me. High
                                  >barrier to participation; noisy user interface; high noise/signal ratio.
                                  >
                                  >Please stay.
                                  >Yuv
                                • Milko K. Amorth
                                  Message 16 of 27 , May 3, 2008
                                    Ditto on all points.
                                    Well put, Yuv.
                                    Nothing wrong with mods showing the flag publicly. Sometimes people do
                                    not realize the 'tone' in their writing. Its an international list after
                                    all.

                                    Cheers, Milko

                                    --
                                    Milko K.Amorth
                                    ph:604.561.5101

                                    www.VRCanada.ca
                                    360° Immersive Imaging
                                    Skype: VRdundee

                                    Check out the new release of Lucid Flash Viewer in HD!
                                  • AYRTON
                                    Message 17 of 27 , May 3, 2008
                                      On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 3:25 PM, Keith Martin <keith@...> wrote:

                                      > I concur 100% with Yuval's words, from the request that you and other
                                      > hardware manufacturers keep posting info about new developments here,
                                      > through to the personal reluctance to use web-based forums. :-)

                                      idem
                                      it's the same with me
                                      both subjects
                                      I hate forums :-(
                                      I like to receive new peoducts infos :-)

                                      Abcs
                                      AYRTON

                                      > Sometime around 3/5/08 (at 14:13 -0400) Yuval Levy said:
                                      >
                                      > >It would be a sad loss to most of us if you had to refrain from using
                                      > >this mailing list to announce future product release. Please reconsider.
                                      > >
                                      > >AFAIK nothing has changed to the list policy. Factual commercial
                                      > >announcements, open and honest, like those seen from you and other
                                      > >manufacturers in the past, are and should be welcome.
                                      > >
                                      > >Instead of preventing commercial announcements, the moderators should
                                      > >IMO intervene *publicly* and isolate offensive statements before they
                                      > >attract further reactions from the *general public*. A simple "MOD
                                      > >NOTICE" to defuse the tension before an all out flame war breaks out
                                      > >would have been enough.
                                      > >
                                      > >Thanks for the invite to join your forum. I'll politely decline, but
                                      > >that's me. I find that web based forums do not work well for me. High
                                      > >barrier to participation; noisy user interface; high noise/signal ratio.
                                      > >
                                      > >Please stay.
                                      > >Yuv

                                      ------------
                                      | A Y R |
                                      | T O N |
                                      ------------

                                      + 55 21 9982 6313

                                      http://ayrton360.com
                                      http://rio.360cities.net
                                      http://vrfolio.com
                                      http://ayrton.com

                                    • Andrew Crawford
                                      Message 18 of 27 , May 4, 2008
                                        Ken Warner wrote:
                                        > I could build something myself if I had access to a machine shop.
                                        > Living on a budget and without tools sucks...

                                        I do understand.

                                        FWIW, the local steel place charged me about $30 USD for half an hour of
                                        their time and a little piece of steel. I probably spent another couple
                                        hours adding 50 cents worth of cork, a fraction of a $4 can of clear
                                        coat, and 25 cents worth of screws.

                                        Andrew Crawford