Re: Busy Street Scene from Jaipur India

  • qsecofr88888
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2008
      nice pano... they use elephants as transportation more than bufflo !

      fatchai.

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Berry" <onezebra1@...> wrote:

      > Here's a busy street scene from Jaipur India at the Badi Chaupad (The
      > Big Square) near The Wind Palace, which you can also see in the
      photo.
      > We where taking one of my friends elephants to the elephant festival.
      > After the festival I rode this big elephant back to the elephant
      house
      > as the sun was setting and huge bonfires where being lit in the
      > streets. That was the beginning of another festival.
      > http://www.indiavrtours.com/jaipur/elephant_town4.html
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Roger Berry

    • Roger Berry
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2008
        In the places that I've been elephants are mostly used for ceremonial
        purposes, festivals, weddings and to give tourist rides. Buffalos are
        mostly used for making dairy products, milk and cheese.
        Here's an overview of Jaipur taken from the Sun Temple.
        http://www.indiavrtours.com/jaipur/sun_temple4.html

        Cheers,
        Roger Berry