Pole panos, yes me too (finally)

  • erik leeman
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 1:35 PM
      At last i've found a reasonably priced pole to get 'up there' with
      all the rest of you : )
      Its an old (ex military) aluminium pneumatic telescopic 2.5" Clark
      radio mast, originally some 11 meters high. I removed two tubes from
      the top to make it somewhat less wobbly, reducing its extended length
      to about 7 meters. Nice thing is that the upper part of my Manfrotto
      681B monopod fits snugly into it, so i didn't have to fabricate an
      adapter or anything. Holding it upright by hand with a mounted 5D on
      a windy dunetop is more than just a bit scary, but my first results
      are very promising i think.
      Please have a look at
      www.erikleeman.com/HTM/english-large-NEW.htm
      The bottom three were shot from my new treasure.
      I put a LOT of effort in the nadirs, but they don't look
      half bad i think : )

      Cheers,

      erik leeman

      (www.erikleeman.com)

      p.s. on many older computers the Flash versions probably are very
      choppy because I maxed anti-aliasing. Do try the DevalVR
      versions if you can, its sooooooooooooo much better! For fullscreen
      viewing click the small button in the uppermost lefthand corner.