Online fisheye projection

  • Mediapole - Pascal Germain
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 12:53 PM
      Hello PanoToolsNG, I'm new on this list and totally newbie with PanoTools :)

      I think PanoTools can do what I'm trying to : convert a Fisheye image
      taken with a camera to a classic 4/3 image. I found a good example of
      this on a french forum, done with PanoTools :

      Fisheye image at http://www.cyber-immo.net/engine/fisheye/fisheye.jpg
      Resulting projection at
      http://www.cyber-immo.net/engine/fisheye/projection.jpg

      I'd like it to be done online, on an Apache server, using php, calling
      PanoTools in command line mode. I would be glad to know if it's possible
      to do it that way, and, if so, some guidelines would be a lot appreciated.

      Thanks by advance,
      Pascal.
    • Bruno Postle
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1 2:49 PM
        On Thu 01-May-2008 at 21:53 +0200, Mediapole - Pascal Germain wrote:

        >I think PanoTools can do what I'm trying to : convert a Fisheye image
        >taken with a camera to a classic 4/3 image.
        >
        >Fisheye image at http://www.cyber-immo.net/engine/fisheye/fisheye.jpg
        >Resulting projection at
        >http://www.cyber-immo.net/engine/fisheye/projection.jpg

        Ok that image has been converted to equirectangular, but this can be
        done too.

        >I'd like it to be done online, on an Apache server, using php, calling
        >PanoTools in command line mode. I would be glad to know if it's possible
        >to do it that way, and, if so, some guidelines would be a lot appreciated.

        There is no php interface to panotools, so you will need to do this
        using panotools command-line tools, probably PTmender - This will
        need to be run by the php script using exec() or system(), or by
        some other process on the server such as cron.

        --
        Bruno