Re: Error: "-698,482 is not a valid integer value"

    Message 1 of 13 , May 1 12:33 PM
      I wrote:

      > Ok, I got the files. Autopano writes the crop values as floating
      > point numbers (which makes no sense, since cropping has to take place
      > at pixel boundaries). Furthermore the first image in the .pts file is
      > a dummy image which shouldn't have any cropping paramters. PTGui
      > crashes if it has some. This could be considered a bug n Autopano,
      > you should report it to the Autopano team.

      Looking deeper into the project file reveal some more
      inconsistencies:

      The dummy image is marked as fisheye (f2) and has a field of view of
      309 degree. Since the first real image has v=0 set, this applies to
      that image as well, althogh it is marked as rectilinear (f0). The
      other images are rectilinear and marked for having individual lens
      parameters but share the same FoV of 309 degree. This won't work at
      all.

      After resetting all images to fullframe, 87° FoV, no individual lens
      settings and no crop I can optimize the project and get a decent
      result.

      best regards
    • marlanit
      Message 2 of 13 , May 1 4:26 PM

        > The dummy image is marked as fisheye (f2) and has a field of view of
        > 309 degree. Since the first real image has v=0 set, this applies to
        > that image as well, althogh it is marked as rectilinear (f0). The
        > other images are rectilinear and marked for having individual lens
        > parameters but share the same FoV of 309 degree. This won't work at
        > all.

        I've seen, but...

        > After resetting all images to fullframe, 87° FoV, no individual lens
        > settings and no crop I can optimize the project and get a decent
        > result.

        ...fortunately I can reset all the remaining stuff directly in PTGui.

        At this point I'm a little bit curiose and hope you too :-) what
        about the PTAssembler and Hugin Projects exported from APP.

        I'm sending them at your email.

        > best regards
        > Erik Krause
        > http://www.erik-krause.de

        Thank you very much for the great support.

        Regards,
        Marco
        Message 3 of 13 , May 2 2:50 AM
          On Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 23:26, marlanit wrote:

          > ...fortunately I can reset all the remaining stuff directly in PTGui.

          Yes, of course. But what is the point of using Autopano then?

          > At this point I'm a little bit curiose and hope you too :-) what
          > about the PTAssembler and Hugin Projects exported from APP.

          Same here. Since project file syntax for all of the GUIs is based on
          PTStitcher script the o-lines have wrong FoV (v-value) and wrong
          cropping in both. Only the dummy image line and the problems
          resulting from it is missing, since this is a proprietary PTGui
          addition.

          Both files use S-cropping instead of C-cropping, but the values are
          exactly the same. I don't know whether PTAssembler tolerates floating
          point cropping values. hugin simply ignores them, and it has other
          oddities reading the file.

          More on the script and project file syntax in
          http://wiki.panotools.org/PTStitcher#Example_Script

          best regards
        • marlanit
          Message 4 of 13 , May 2 4:01 AM

            > On Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 23:26, marlanit wrote:
            >
            > > ...fortunately I can reset all the remaining stuff directly in PTGui.
            >
            > Yes, of course. But what is the point of using Autopano then?

            Just CP generetion. APP has a quick and nice procedure to do that
            manually, selecting areas of interest, plus the SIFT.

            Would be nice, too, to have micropositioning: in this regard I tried
            importing in Hugin, but its micropositioning doesn't work
            always...waiting for micropositioning in PTGui... :-)

            > More on the script and project file syntax in
            > http://wiki.panotools.org/PTStitcher#Example_Script

            I was looking for something like that in google...Thanks

            > best regards
            > Erik Krause
            > http://www.erik-krause.de

            Best Regards,
            Marco
          • Ken Warner
            Message 5 of 13 , May 2 4:36 AM
              As do JPEG2000 and JPEG-LS -- but how do you get those formats
              to people to view? Does Flash support PNG? And your panos
              will be much bigger than JPEG panos -- so more time waiting
              for download. I'm talking only about web publishing.

              Message 6 of 13 , May 2 4:48 AM
                On Friday, May 02, 2008 at 11:01, marlanit wrote:

                > Would be nice, too, to have micropositioning: in this regard I tried
                > importing in Hugin, but its micropositioning doesn't work
                > always...waiting for micropositioning in PTGui... :-)

                In my experience fisheye images generally don't fit good enough for
                micropositioning. May be it's interesting for flat or cylindrical
                multirows or larger sphericals shot with rectilinear lenses...

                best regards
                Message 7 of 13 , May 2 6:06 AM
                  On Friday, May 02, 2008 at 4:36, Ken Warner wrote:

                  > As do JPEG2000 and JPEG-LS -- but how do you get those formats
                  > to people to view? Does Flash support PNG? And your panos
                  > will be much bigger than JPEG panos -- so more time waiting
                  > for download. I'm talking only about web publishing.

                  Sorry, I don't understand how this is related to APP project file
                  syntax errors...

                  best regards

                • Ken Warner
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 2 9:37 AM
                    Nothing... I think I thought you were talking about
                    the advantages of the various file formats...

                    Message 9 of 13 , May 2 9:53 AM
                      On Friday, May 02, 2008 at 9:37, Ken Warner wrote:

                      > Nothing... I think I thought you were talking about
                      > the advantages of the various file formats...

                      No, not in this thread. Coincidentally I was talking about file
                      formats, but in the hugin group, in a thread about PNG 16 bit ;-)

                      best regards
                    • Ken Warner
                      Message 10 of 13 , May 2 10:17 AM
                        I probably did something wrong -- sorry.