Re: Error: "-698,482 is not a valid integer value"

    Message 1 of 13 , May 1 11:48 AM
      On Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 12:32, marlanit wrote:

      > "-698,482 is not a valid integer value"
      [...]
      > Any suggestion appreciated and I can post the projects if you need,
      > just let me know where.

      Ok, I got the files. Autopano writes the crop values as floating
      point numbers (which makes no sense, since cropping has to take place
      at pixel boundaries). Furthermore the first image in the .pts file is
      a dummy image which shouldn't have any cropping paramters. PTGui
      crashes if it has some. This could be considered a bug n Autopano,
      you should report it to the Autopano team.

      I suspect your rectilinear images didn't require cropping hence there
      was no problem.

      As a workaround open the .pts file in a text editor (notepad will do)
      and in the lines starting with o truncate the four comma separated
      floating point numbers after the letter C to integer values. In the
      first o-line (the one below the line "# The following line contains a
      'dummy image'...") delete the letter C and anything behind.

      best regards
      Message 2 of 13 , May 1 12:33 PM
        I wrote:

        > Ok, I got the files. Autopano writes the crop values as floating
        > point numbers (which makes no sense, since cropping has to take place
        > at pixel boundaries). Furthermore the first image in the .pts file is
        > a dummy image which shouldn't have any cropping paramters. PTGui
        > crashes if it has some. This could be considered a bug n Autopano,
        > you should report it to the Autopano team.

        Looking deeper into the project file reveal some more
        inconsistencies:

        The dummy image is marked as fisheye (f2) and has a field of view of
        309 degree. Since the first real image has v=0 set, this applies to
        that image as well, althogh it is marked as rectilinear (f0). The
        other images are rectilinear and marked for having individual lens
        parameters but share the same FoV of 309 degree. This won't work at
        all.

        After resetting all images to fullframe, 87° FoV, no individual lens
        settings and no crop I can optimize the project and get a decent
        result.

        best regards
      • marlanit
        Message 3 of 13 , May 1 4:26 PM

          > The dummy image is marked as fisheye (f2) and has a field of view of
          > 309 degree. Since the first real image has v=0 set, this applies to
          > that image as well, althogh it is marked as rectilinear (f0). The
          > other images are rectilinear and marked for having individual lens
          > parameters but share the same FoV of 309 degree. This won't work at
          > all.

          I've seen, but...

          > After resetting all images to fullframe, 87° FoV, no individual lens
          > settings and no crop I can optimize the project and get a decent
          > result.

          ...fortunately I can reset all the remaining stuff directly in PTGui.

          At this point I'm a little bit curiose and hope you too :-) what
          about the PTAssembler and Hugin Projects exported from APP.

          I'm sending them at your email.

          > best regards
          > Erik Krause
          > http://www.erik-krause.de

          Thank you very much for the great support.

          Regards,
          Marco
          Message 4 of 13 , May 2 2:50 AM
            On Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 23:26, marlanit wrote:

            > ...fortunately I can reset all the remaining stuff directly in PTGui.

            Yes, of course. But what is the point of using Autopano then?

            > At this point I'm a little bit curiose and hope you too :-) what
            > about the PTAssembler and Hugin Projects exported from APP.

            Same here. Since project file syntax for all of the GUIs is based on
            PTStitcher script the o-lines have wrong FoV (v-value) and wrong
            cropping in both. Only the dummy image line and the problems
            resulting from it is missing, since this is a proprietary PTGui
            addition.

            Both files use S-cropping instead of C-cropping, but the values are
            exactly the same. I don't know whether PTAssembler tolerates floating
            point cropping values. hugin simply ignores them, and it has other
            oddities reading the file.

            More on the script and project file syntax in
            http://wiki.panotools.org/PTStitcher#Example_Script

            best regards
          • marlanit
            Message 5 of 13 , May 2 4:01 AM

              > On Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 23:26, marlanit wrote:
              >
              > > ...fortunately I can reset all the remaining stuff directly in PTGui.
              >
              > Yes, of course. But what is the point of using Autopano then?

              Just CP generetion. APP has a quick and nice procedure to do that
              manually, selecting areas of interest, plus the SIFT.

              Would be nice, too, to have micropositioning: in this regard I tried
              importing in Hugin, but its micropositioning doesn't work
              always...waiting for micropositioning in PTGui... :-)

              > More on the script and project file syntax in
              > http://wiki.panotools.org/PTStitcher#Example_Script

              I was looking for something like that in google...Thanks

              > best regards
              > Erik Krause
              > http://www.erik-krause.de

              Best Regards,
              Marco
            • Ken Warner
              Message 6 of 13 , May 2 4:36 AM
                As do JPEG2000 and JPEG-LS -- but how do you get those formats
                to people to view? Does Flash support PNG? And your panos
                will be much bigger than JPEG panos -- so more time waiting
                for download. I'm talking only about web publishing.

                Message 7 of 13 , May 2 4:48 AM
                  On Friday, May 02, 2008 at 11:01, marlanit wrote:

                  > Would be nice, too, to have micropositioning: in this regard I tried
                  > importing in Hugin, but its micropositioning doesn't work
                  > always...waiting for micropositioning in PTGui... :-)

                  In my experience fisheye images generally don't fit good enough for
                  micropositioning. May be it's interesting for flat or cylindrical
                  multirows or larger sphericals shot with rectilinear lenses...

                  best regards
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 2 6:06 AM
                    On Friday, May 02, 2008 at 4:36, Ken Warner wrote:

                    > As do JPEG2000 and JPEG-LS -- but how do you get those formats
                    > to people to view? Does Flash support PNG? And your panos
                    > will be much bigger than JPEG panos -- so more time waiting
                    > for download. I'm talking only about web publishing.

                    Sorry, I don't understand how this is related to APP project file
                    syntax errors...

                    best regards

                  • Ken Warner
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 2 9:37 AM
                      Nothing... I think I thought you were talking about
                      the advantages of the various file formats...

                      Message 10 of 13 , May 2 9:53 AM
                        On Friday, May 02, 2008 at 9:37, Ken Warner wrote:

                        > Nothing... I think I thought you were talking about
                        > the advantages of the various file formats...

                        No, not in this thread. Coincidentally I was talking about file
                        formats, but in the hugin group, in a thread about PNG 16 bit ;-)

                        best regards
                      • Ken Warner
                        Message 11 of 13 , May 2 10:17 AM
                          I probably did something wrong -- sorry.