Error: "-698,482 is not a valid integer value"

  • marlanit
    Message 1 of 13 , May 1, 2008
      I created a project in Autopano Pro 1.4.0 and the lens used for the
      Pano is a FF Fisheye.

      Then exported as a PTGui project.
      Opening it in PTGui I got this error:

      "-698,482 is not a valid integer value"

      The project doesn't open.

      - Is this an APP's bug?
      - Or a PTGui's bug?

      I also downloaded APP 1.4.2 beta and the latest PTGui trial: same result.
      This didn't happen using rectilinear lenses for the panoramas.

      Working on Win XP Pro SP2, PIII 1Ghz, 1.5GB Ram
      PTGui 7.2 Standard Version

      Any suggestion appreciated and I can post the projects if you need,
      just let me know where.

      Best regards,
      Marco Lanciani
      Message 2 of 13 , May 1, 2008
        On Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 12:32, marlanit wrote:

        > "-698,482 is not a valid integer value"
        >

        > The project doesn't open.
        >
        > - Is this an APP's bug?
        > - Or a PTGui's bug?

        I suspect neither nor. Apparently Autopano writes floating point
        numbers in the current OS decimal format and PTGui expects integer
        values. Ok, this could be considered an Autopano bug if Autopano
        claims to write valid PTGui project files...

        > Any suggestion appreciated and I can post the projects if you need,
        > just let me know where.

        You could send it directly to my mail adress, I'll have a look.

        best regards
        Message 3 of 13 , May 1, 2008
          On Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 12:32, marlanit wrote:

          > "-698,482 is not a valid integer value"
          [...]
          > Any suggestion appreciated and I can post the projects if you need,
          > just let me know where.

          Ok, I got the files. Autopano writes the crop values as floating
          point numbers (which makes no sense, since cropping has to take place
          at pixel boundaries). Furthermore the first image in the .pts file is
          a dummy image which shouldn't have any cropping paramters. PTGui
          crashes if it has some. This could be considered a bug n Autopano,
          you should report it to the Autopano team.

          I suspect your rectilinear images didn't require cropping hence there
          was no problem.

          As a workaround open the .pts file in a text editor (notepad will do)
          and in the lines starting with o truncate the four comma separated
          floating point numbers after the letter C to integer values. In the
          first o-line (the one below the line "# The following line contains a
          'dummy image'...") delete the letter C and anything behind.

          best regards
          Message 4 of 13 , May 1, 2008
            I wrote:

            > Ok, I got the files. Autopano writes the crop values as floating
            > point numbers (which makes no sense, since cropping has to take place
            > at pixel boundaries). Furthermore the first image in the .pts file is
            > a dummy image which shouldn't have any cropping paramters. PTGui
            > crashes if it has some. This could be considered a bug n Autopano,
            > you should report it to the Autopano team.

            Looking deeper into the project file reveal some more
            inconsistencies:

            The dummy image is marked as fisheye (f2) and has a field of view of
            309 degree. Since the first real image has v=0 set, this applies to
            that image as well, althogh it is marked as rectilinear (f0). The
            other images are rectilinear and marked for having individual lens
            parameters but share the same FoV of 309 degree. This won't work at
            all.

            After resetting all images to fullframe, 87° FoV, no individual lens
            settings and no crop I can optimize the project and get a decent
            result.

            best regards
          • marlanit
            Message 5 of 13 , May 1, 2008

              > The dummy image is marked as fisheye (f2) and has a field of view of
              > 309 degree. Since the first real image has v=0 set, this applies to
              > that image as well, althogh it is marked as rectilinear (f0). The
              > other images are rectilinear and marked for having individual lens
              > parameters but share the same FoV of 309 degree. This won't work at
              > all.

              I've seen, but...

              > After resetting all images to fullframe, 87° FoV, no individual lens
              > settings and no crop I can optimize the project and get a decent
              > result.

              ...fortunately I can reset all the remaining stuff directly in PTGui.

              At this point I'm a little bit curiose and hope you too :-) what
              about the PTAssembler and Hugin Projects exported from APP.

              I'm sending them at your email.

              > best regards
              > Erik Krause
              > http://www.erik-krause.de

              Thank you very much for the great support.

              Regards,
              Marco
              Message 6 of 13 , May 2, 2008
                On Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 23:26, marlanit wrote:

                > ...fortunately I can reset all the remaining stuff directly in PTGui.

                Yes, of course. But what is the point of using Autopano then?

                > At this point I'm a little bit curiose and hope you too :-) what
                > about the PTAssembler and Hugin Projects exported from APP.

                Same here. Since project file syntax for all of the GUIs is based on
                PTStitcher script the o-lines have wrong FoV (v-value) and wrong
                cropping in both. Only the dummy image line and the problems
                resulting from it is missing, since this is a proprietary PTGui
                addition.

                Both files use S-cropping instead of C-cropping, but the values are
                exactly the same. I don't know whether PTAssembler tolerates floating
                point cropping values. hugin simply ignores them, and it has other
                oddities reading the file.

                More on the script and project file syntax in
                http://wiki.panotools.org/PTStitcher#Example_Script

                best regards
              • marlanit
                Message 7 of 13 , May 2, 2008

                  > On Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 23:26, marlanit wrote:
                  >
                  > > ...fortunately I can reset all the remaining stuff directly in PTGui.
                  >
                  > Yes, of course. But what is the point of using Autopano then?

                  Just CP generetion. APP has a quick and nice procedure to do that
                  manually, selecting areas of interest, plus the SIFT.

                  Would be nice, too, to have micropositioning: in this regard I tried
                  importing in Hugin, but its micropositioning doesn't work
                  always...waiting for micropositioning in PTGui... :-)

                  > More on the script and project file syntax in
                  > http://wiki.panotools.org/PTStitcher#Example_Script

                  I was looking for something like that in google...Thanks

                  > best regards
                  > Erik Krause
                  > http://www.erik-krause.de

                  Best Regards,
                  Marco
                • Ken Warner
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 2, 2008
                    As do JPEG2000 and JPEG-LS -- but how do you get those formats
                    to people to view? Does Flash support PNG? And your panos
                    will be much bigger than JPEG panos -- so more time waiting
                    for download. I'm talking only about web publishing.

                    Message 9 of 13 , May 2, 2008
                      On Friday, May 02, 2008 at 11:01, marlanit wrote:

                      > Would be nice, too, to have micropositioning: in this regard I tried
                      > importing in Hugin, but its micropositioning doesn't work
                      > always...waiting for micropositioning in PTGui... :-)

                      In my experience fisheye images generally don't fit good enough for
                      micropositioning. May be it's interesting for flat or cylindrical
                      multirows or larger sphericals shot with rectilinear lenses...

                      best regards
                      Message 10 of 13 , May 2, 2008
                        On Friday, May 02, 2008 at 4:36, Ken Warner wrote:

                        > As do JPEG2000 and JPEG-LS -- but how do you get those formats
                        > to people to view? Does Flash support PNG? And your panos
                        > will be much bigger than JPEG panos -- so more time waiting
                        > for download. I'm talking only about web publishing.

                        Sorry, I don't understand how this is related to APP project file
                        syntax errors...

                        best regards

                      • Ken Warner
                        Message 11 of 13 , May 2, 2008
                          Nothing... I think I thought you were talking about
                          the advantages of the various file formats...

                          Message 12 of 13 , May 2, 2008
                            On Friday, May 02, 2008 at 9:37, Ken Warner wrote:

                            > Nothing... I think I thought you were talking about
                            > the advantages of the various file formats...

                            No, not in this thread. Coincidentally I was talking about file
                            formats, but in the hugin group, in a thread about PNG 16 bit ;-)

                            best regards
                          • Ken Warner
                            Message 13 of 13 , May 2, 2008
                              I probably did something wrong -- sorry.