Re: AW: [PanoToolsNG] Sigma 8mm f:3.5 Fisheye with Nikon mount

  • Rodolpho Pajuaba
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
      Just to make things a little clearer:
      The taxes Ayrton mentioned are over goods imported by regular importers;
      actually, the tax amount is about 60-70%, plus the importer´s profit,
      which amounts to about 100%. On the other hand, when one imports a good
      by mail, with prices up to US$ 3.000,00, the tax is 60% plus S&H;
      sometimes is 60% over S&H too. The sub-web you mention is the so-called
      Brazil Special, and was created by B&H to feed the brazilian market with
      imports that enters Brazil below the radar of the Receita Federal, the
      office responsible for the duties. It´s way more expensive - and yet
      less so than when with the official taxes - and WAAAAAY slower, being
      the usual a 45-days delivery, sometimes amounting to 3 months - due to
      the, errrr, "unofficialness" of the transaction. Unfortunately it´s an
      usual commercial behaviour here, a direct result of the imports policy,
      and is what we call here "To create difficulties to sell the facility".
      Regards,
      Rodolpho Pajuaba

    • pau valiente
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
        Ricardo, Fernando, I didn't know about that. It's then a very
        "shameless" way of selling. Aren't the brazilian customs controlling
        the packages of B&H only or there are more vendors doing this kind of
        sell?

        pau valiente
        www.pau.cc

        >>> http://rio.360cities.net <http://rio.360cities.net>
        >>> http://vrfolio.com <http://vrfolio.com>
        >>> http://ayrton.com <http://ayrton.com>

        >> 25/4/2008 14:31

      • pau valiente
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
          Rodolpho, I've now understood.
          Thanks!

          pau valiente
          www.pau.cc

          >>> http://rio.360cities.net
          >>> http://vrfolio.com
          >>> http://ayrton.com

          >>> --

        • AYRTON
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
            WoowwwwRodolpho is our man to write in a perfect english :-)
            and make it all clear.
            Thank Pajú to help me out
            Abraços
            AYRTON