Re: AW: [PanoToolsNG] Sigma 8mm f:3.5 Fisheye with Nikon mount

  • Fernando Chaves
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
      Hi,
      "special sub-web for brasil" means smuggle, contrebande, contrabando.
      B&H sells this way in Brasil since 1998, at least.
      Best regards,
      Fernando

      Quoting pau valiente <groupsXpau.cc>:

      > Hi Ayrton,
      > it's funny you say that because a person that works with me is
      > brasilian and told me that she buyed on B&H also because there is a
      > special sub-web for brasil and she got things at a good price when
      > she lived in brasil.
      > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?
      > O=NavBar&A=changeLanguge&Q=&ul=P&umse=0
      >

      > pau valiente
      > www.pau.cc
    • Rodolpho Pajuaba
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
        Just to make things a little clearer:
        The taxes Ayrton mentioned are over goods imported by regular importers;
        actually, the tax amount is about 60-70%, plus the importer´s profit,
        which amounts to about 100%. On the other hand, when one imports a good
        by mail, with prices up to US$ 3.000,00, the tax is 60% plus S&H;
        sometimes is 60% over S&H too. The sub-web you mention is the so-called
        Brazil Special, and was created by B&H to feed the brazilian market with
        imports that enters Brazil below the radar of the Receita Federal, the
        office responsible for the duties. It´s way more expensive - and yet
        less so than when with the official taxes - and WAAAAAY slower, being
        the usual a 45-days delivery, sometimes amounting to 3 months - due to
        the, errrr, "unofficialness" of the transaction. Unfortunately it´s an
        usual commercial behaviour here, a direct result of the imports policy,
        and is what we call here "To create difficulties to sell the facility".
        Regards,
        Rodolpho Pajuaba

      • pau valiente
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
          Ricardo, Fernando, I didn't know about that. It's then a very
          "shameless" way of selling. Aren't the brazilian customs controlling
          the packages of B&H only or there are more vendors doing this kind of
          sell?

          pau valiente
          www.pau.cc

          >>> http://rio.360cities.net <http://rio.360cities.net>
          >>> http://vrfolio.com <http://vrfolio.com>
          >>> http://ayrton.com <http://ayrton.com>

          >> 25/4/2008 14:31

        • pau valiente
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
            Rodolpho, I've now understood.
            Thanks!

            pau valiente
            www.pau.cc

            >>> http://rio.360cities.net
            >>> http://vrfolio.com
            >>> http://ayrton.com

            >>> --

          • AYRTON
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
              WoowwwwRodolpho is our man to write in a perfect english :-)
              and make it all clear.
              Thank Pajú to help me out
              Abraços
              AYRTON