Re: AW: [PanoToolsNG] Sigma 8mm f:3.5 Fisheye with Nikon mount

  • Ricardo Araujo
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 30 3:01 PM
      Hi Paul,

      Yes, it's true but it's against the Brazilian law. In fact, it's a crime
      in Brazil.

      Regards,

      Ricardo

      acessar o site <http://www.tourvirtualbrasil.com.br>

      pau valiente escreveu:

      > Hi Ayrton,
      > it's funny you say that because a person that works with me is
      > brasilian and told me that she buyed on B&H also because there is a
      > special sub-web for brasil and she got things at a good price when
      > she lived in brasil.
      > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?
      > <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?>
      > O=NavBar&A=changeLanguge&Q=&ul=P&umse=0
      >
      > pau valiente
      > www.pau.cc
      >
      > El 30/04/2008, a las 23:43, AYRTON escribió:
      >
      > > Guys you're all happy and don't know :-)TAXes to enter in Brasil
      > > is 100% on
      > > top of US price :-(
      > >
      > > AYRTON
      > >

      > > On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 5:24 PM, pau valiente <groups@...
      > <mailto:groups%40pau.cc>> wrote:
      > >
      > >> Well, I did buy two canon 10-22 and one sigma 18-200 from US,
      > >> actually I count on the TAX cost 16% in spain and some cost of
      > >> customs 7% for electronic devices plus some cost of the customs
      > >> clearance by UPS.
      > >>
      > >> When I did the comparision, the three lenses on pixmania (a low cost
      > >> european online shop) did cost 2115 euros including shipping. It cost
      > >> me 1418 euros the lenses and the shipping and after I had to pay to
      > >> UPS 300 euros of tax, customs and customs clearance. So we paid 614
      > >> euros for the 10-22 lens and 489 for the sigma 18-22.
      > >> And about the guarantee, you have the US guarantee from the shop, and
      > >> also you can buy a extension of the guarantee from canon spain (what
      > >> I did) or canon Germany, for a small amount.
      > >> Hope it helps.....
      > >>
      > >> pau valiente
      > >> www.pau.cc

    • Fernando Chaves
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 30 3:03 PM
        Hi,
        "special sub-web for brasil" means smuggle, contrebande, contrabando.
        B&H sells this way in Brasil since 1998, at least.
        Best regards,
        Fernando

        Quoting pau valiente <groupsXpau.cc>:

        > Hi Ayrton,
        > it's funny you say that because a person that works with me is
        > brasilian and told me that she buyed on B&H also because there is a
        > special sub-web for brasil and she got things at a good price when
        > she lived in brasil.
        > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?
        > O=NavBar&A=changeLanguge&Q=&ul=P&umse=0
        >

        > pau valiente
        > www.pau.cc
      • Rodolpho Pajuaba
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 30 3:05 PM
          Just to make things a little clearer:
          The taxes Ayrton mentioned are over goods imported by regular importers;
          actually, the tax amount is about 60-70%, plus the importer´s profit,
          which amounts to about 100%. On the other hand, when one imports a good
          by mail, with prices up to US$ 3.000,00, the tax is 60% plus S&H;
          sometimes is 60% over S&H too. The sub-web you mention is the so-called
          Brazil Special, and was created by B&H to feed the brazilian market with
          imports that enters Brazil below the radar of the Receita Federal, the
          office responsible for the duties. It´s way more expensive - and yet
          less so than when with the official taxes - and WAAAAAY slower, being
          the usual a 45-days delivery, sometimes amounting to 3 months - due to
          the, errrr, "unofficialness" of the transaction. Unfortunately it´s an
          usual commercial behaviour here, a direct result of the imports policy,
          and is what we call here "To create difficulties to sell the facility".
          Regards,
          Rodolpho Pajuaba

        • pau valiente
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 30 3:10 PM
            Ricardo, Fernando, I didn't know about that. It's then a very
            "shameless" way of selling. Aren't the brazilian customs controlling
            the packages of B&H only or there are more vendors doing this kind of
            sell?

            pau valiente
            www.pau.cc

          • pau valiente
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 30 3:12 PM
              Rodolpho, I've now understood.
              Thanks!

              pau valiente
              www.pau.cc

              >>> http://rio.360cities.net
              >>> http://vrfolio.com
              >>> http://ayrton.com

              >>> --

            • AYRTON
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 30 3:27 PM
                WoowwwwRodolpho is our man to write in a perfect english :-)
                and make it all clear.
                Thank Pajú to help me out
                Abraços
                AYRTON