Re: AW: [PanoToolsNG] Sigma 8mm f:3.5 Fisheye with Nikon mount

  • pau valiente
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
      Well, I did buy two canon 10-22 and one sigma 18-200 from US,
      actually I count on the TAX cost 16% in spain and some cost of
      customs 7% for electronic devices plus some cost of the customs
      clearance by UPS.

      When I did the comparision, the three lenses on pixmania (a low cost
      european online shop) did cost 2115 euros including shipping. It cost
      me 1418 euros the lenses and the shipping and after I had to pay to
      UPS 300 euros of tax, customs and customs clearance. So we paid 614
      euros for the 10-22 lens and 489 for the sigma 18-22.
      And about the guarantee, you have the US guarantee from the shop, and
      also you can buy a extension of the guarantee from canon spain (what
      I did) or canon Germany, for a small amount.
      Hope it helps.....

      pau valiente
      www.pau.cc

    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
        Guys you're all happy and don't know :-)TAXes to enter in Brasil is 100% on
        top of US price :-(

        AYRTON

        ------------
        | A Y R |
        | T O N |
        ------------

        + 55 21 9982 6313

        http://ayrton360.com
        http://rio.360cities.net
        http://vrfolio.com
        http://ayrton.com

      • pau valiente
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
          Hi Ayrton,
          it's funny you say that because a person that works with me is
          brasilian and told me that she buyed on B&H also because there is a
          special sub-web for brasil and she got things at a good price when
          she lived in brasil.
          http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?
          O=NavBar&A=changeLanguge&Q=&ul=P&umse=0

          pau valiente
          www.pau.cc

          El 30/04/2008, a las 23:43, AYRTON escribió:

          > Guys you're all happy and don't know :-)TAXes to enter in Brasil
          > is 100% on
          > top of US price :-(
          >
          > AYRTON
          >

          > On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 5:24 PM, pau valiente <groups@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Well, I did buy two canon 10-22 and one sigma 18-200 from US,
          >> actually I count on the TAX cost 16% in spain and some cost of
          >> customs 7% for electronic devices plus some cost of the customs
          >> clearance by UPS.
          >>
          >> When I did the comparision, the three lenses on pixmania (a low cost
          >> european online shop) did cost 2115 euros including shipping. It cost
          >> me 1418 euros the lenses and the shipping and after I had to pay to
          >> UPS 300 euros of tax, customs and customs clearance. So we paid 614
          >> euros for the 10-22 lens and 489 for the sigma 18-22.
          >> And about the guarantee, you have the US guarantee from the shop, and
          >> also you can buy a extension of the guarantee from canon spain (what
          >> I did) or canon Germany, for a small amount.
          >> Hope it helps.....
          >>
          >> pau valiente
          >> www.pau.cc
          >>

          >> El 30/04/2008, a las 22:03, ptgroup escribió:
          >>
          >>> Watchout !!
          >>> European Airports are very picky on US tourists at the moment.
          >>> That´s of course due to the Euro/USD rate.
          >>>
          >>> When you let it send by the seller: you probably have no chance to
          >>> pass
          >>> without custom.
          >>> So add ab. 30% for custom & feee (Germany) plus the additional
          >>> shipping the
          >>> seller requiers.
          >>>
          >>> It came out for me, that a Tokina 10-17 fisheye for 499 USD send to
          >>> a firen
          >>> who prechecks it (right mount, basic function OK)
          >>> and then sends ist via Fedex (120 USD) will be 520 USD without
          >>> customs etc.
          >>> That´s ab. 350 Euro, sold in Germany for 460 Euro - so what ?
          >>> NO warranty (only in US) and if customs get me 30% of 350 = 105
          >>> Euros to
          >>> add.
          >>> Then it makes really NO difference - you got a lens for the same
          >>> price but
          >>> with no EU warranty :-(
          >>>
          >>> So check out all issues before you buy the lens in the US.
          >>>
          >>> Ciao
          >>> mike
          >>> www.360de.de (relaunched)
          >>>

          >>> ----------------------------------

        • Ricardo Araujo
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
            Hi Paul,

            Yes, it's true but it's against the Brazilian law. In fact, it's a crime
            in Brazil.

            Regards,

            Ricardo

            acessar o site <http://www.tourvirtualbrasil.com.br>

            pau valiente escreveu:

            > Hi Ayrton,
            > it's funny you say that because a person that works with me is
            > brasilian and told me that she buyed on B&H also because there is a
            > special sub-web for brasil and she got things at a good price when
            > she lived in brasil.
            > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?
            > <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?>
            > O=NavBar&A=changeLanguge&Q=&ul=P&umse=0
            >
            > pau valiente
            > www.pau.cc
            >
            > El 30/04/2008, a las 23:43, AYRTON escribió:
            >
            > > Guys you're all happy and don't know :-)TAXes to enter in Brasil
            > > is 100% on
            > > top of US price :-(
            > >
            > > AYRTON
            > >

            > > On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 5:24 PM, pau valiente <groups@...
            > <mailto:groups%40pau.cc>> wrote:
            > >
            > >> Well, I did buy two canon 10-22 and one sigma 18-200 from US,
            > >> actually I count on the TAX cost 16% in spain and some cost of
            > >> customs 7% for electronic devices plus some cost of the customs
            > >> clearance by UPS.
            > >>
            > >> When I did the comparision, the three lenses on pixmania (a low cost
            > >> european online shop) did cost 2115 euros including shipping. It cost
            > >> me 1418 euros the lenses and the shipping and after I had to pay to
            > >> UPS 300 euros of tax, customs and customs clearance. So we paid 614
            > >> euros for the 10-22 lens and 489 for the sigma 18-22.
            > >> And about the guarantee, you have the US guarantee from the shop, and
            > >> also you can buy a extension of the guarantee from canon spain (what
            > >> I did) or canon Germany, for a small amount.
            > >> Hope it helps.....
            > >>
            > >> pau valiente
            > >> www.pau.cc

          • Fernando Chaves
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
              Hi,
              "special sub-web for brasil" means smuggle, contrebande, contrabando.
              B&H sells this way in Brasil since 1998, at least.
              Best regards,
              Fernando

              Quoting pau valiente <groupsXpau.cc>:

              > Hi Ayrton,
              > it's funny you say that because a person that works with me is
              > brasilian and told me that she buyed on B&H also because there is a
              > special sub-web for brasil and she got things at a good price when
              > she lived in brasil.
              > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?
              > O=NavBar&A=changeLanguge&Q=&ul=P&umse=0
              >

              > pau valiente
              > www.pau.cc
            • Rodolpho Pajuaba
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
                Just to make things a little clearer:
                The taxes Ayrton mentioned are over goods imported by regular importers;
                actually, the tax amount is about 60-70%, plus the importer´s profit,
                which amounts to about 100%. On the other hand, when one imports a good
                by mail, with prices up to US$ 3.000,00, the tax is 60% plus S&H;
                sometimes is 60% over S&H too. The sub-web you mention is the so-called
                Brazil Special, and was created by B&H to feed the brazilian market with
                imports that enters Brazil below the radar of the Receita Federal, the
                office responsible for the duties. It´s way more expensive - and yet
                less so than when with the official taxes - and WAAAAAY slower, being
                the usual a 45-days delivery, sometimes amounting to 3 months - due to
                the, errrr, "unofficialness" of the transaction. Unfortunately it´s an
                usual commercial behaviour here, a direct result of the imports policy,
                and is what we call here "To create difficulties to sell the facility".
                Regards,
                Rodolpho Pajuaba

              • pau valiente
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
                  Ricardo, Fernando, I didn't know about that. It's then a very
                  "shameless" way of selling. Aren't the brazilian customs controlling
                  the packages of B&H only or there are more vendors doing this kind of
                  sell?

                  pau valiente
                  www.pau.cc

                • pau valiente
                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
                    Rodolpho, I've now understood.
                    Thanks!

                    pau valiente
                    www.pau.cc

                    >>> http://rio.360cities.net
                    >>> http://vrfolio.com
                    >>> http://ayrton.com

                    >>> --

                  • AYRTON
                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
                      WoowwwwRodolpho is our man to write in a perfect english :-)
                      and make it all clear.
                      Thank Pajú to help me out
                      Abraços
                      AYRTON