AW: [PanoToolsNG] Sigma 8mm f:3.5 Fisheye with Nikon mount

  • ptgroup
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
      Addition:
      I got mine here:
      http://tinyurl.com/57uu44

      629 € is not a bad price - for Germany.

      ciao
      mike
      www.360de.de (relaunched)

      ----------------------------------

      -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
      Von: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com [mailto:PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com]Im
      Auftrag von pau valiente
      Gesendet: Mittwoch, 30. April 2008 21:49
      An: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      Betreff: Re: [PanoToolsNG] Sigma 8mm f:3.5 Fisheye with Nikon mount

      Carlos,
      it will be better to buy it in US because with the dollar-euro
      difference the cost will be smaller as you will get it in europe,
      still if you count the tax and shipping ....
      I did buy two lenses on B&H photo NY and it arrived within one week ....
      Here you have the links:
      canon:
      http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/440665-REG/
      Sigma_485101_8mm_f_3_5_EX_DG.html
      nikon:
      http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/440661-REG/
      Sigma_485306_8mm_f_3_5_EX_DG.html

      Salud!

      pau valiente
      www.pau.cc

      El 28/04/2008, a las 17:29, Carlos Chegado escribió:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Anyone know were can I order a Sigma 8mm f:3.5 Fisheye with Nikon
      > mount?
      > Here in Portugal looks like I will have to wait 4 or more weeks until
      > one arrives!
      >

      > --
      >
      > Os melhores cumprimentos,
      > Best regards,
      >
      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      >
      > Carlos Chegado
      >
      > Olho de Peixe Lda
      >
      > ====================================

      > www.carloschegado.com>

      Checked by AVG.
      07:26

    • pau valiente
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
        Well, I did buy two canon 10-22 and one sigma 18-200 from US,
        actually I count on the TAX cost 16% in spain and some cost of
        customs 7% for electronic devices plus some cost of the customs
        clearance by UPS.

        When I did the comparision, the three lenses on pixmania (a low cost
        european online shop) did cost 2115 euros including shipping. It cost
        me 1418 euros the lenses and the shipping and after I had to pay to
        UPS 300 euros of tax, customs and customs clearance. So we paid 614
        euros for the 10-22 lens and 489 for the sigma 18-22.
        And about the guarantee, you have the US guarantee from the shop, and
        also you can buy a extension of the guarantee from canon spain (what
        I did) or canon Germany, for a small amount.
        Hope it helps.....

        pau valiente
        www.pau.cc

      • AYRTON
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
          Guys you're all happy and don't know :-)TAXes to enter in Brasil is 100% on
          top of US price :-(

          AYRTON

          ------------
          | A Y R |
          | T O N |
          ------------

          + 55 21 9982 6313

          http://ayrton360.com
          http://rio.360cities.net
          http://vrfolio.com
          http://ayrton.com

        • pau valiente
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
            Hi Ayrton,
            it's funny you say that because a person that works with me is
            brasilian and told me that she buyed on B&H also because there is a
            special sub-web for brasil and she got things at a good price when
            she lived in brasil.
            http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?
            O=NavBar&A=changeLanguge&Q=&ul=P&umse=0

            pau valiente
            www.pau.cc

            El 30/04/2008, a las 23:43, AYRTON escribió:

            > Guys you're all happy and don't know :-)TAXes to enter in Brasil
            > is 100% on
            > top of US price :-(
            >
            > AYRTON
            >

            > On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 5:24 PM, pau valiente <groups@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Well, I did buy two canon 10-22 and one sigma 18-200 from US,
            >> actually I count on the TAX cost 16% in spain and some cost of
            >> customs 7% for electronic devices plus some cost of the customs
            >> clearance by UPS.
            >>
            >> When I did the comparision, the three lenses on pixmania (a low cost
            >> european online shop) did cost 2115 euros including shipping. It cost
            >> me 1418 euros the lenses and the shipping and after I had to pay to
            >> UPS 300 euros of tax, customs and customs clearance. So we paid 614
            >> euros for the 10-22 lens and 489 for the sigma 18-22.
            >> And about the guarantee, you have the US guarantee from the shop, and
            >> also you can buy a extension of the guarantee from canon spain (what
            >> I did) or canon Germany, for a small amount.
            >> Hope it helps.....
            >>
            >> pau valiente
            >> www.pau.cc
            >>

            >> El 30/04/2008, a las 22:03, ptgroup escribió:
            >>
            >>> Watchout !!
            >>> European Airports are very picky on US tourists at the moment.
            >>> That´s of course due to the Euro/USD rate.
            >>>
            >>> When you let it send by the seller: you probably have no chance to
            >>> pass
            >>> without custom.
            >>> So add ab. 30% for custom & feee (Germany) plus the additional
            >>> shipping the
            >>> seller requiers.
            >>>
            >>> It came out for me, that a Tokina 10-17 fisheye for 499 USD send to
            >>> a firen
            >>> who prechecks it (right mount, basic function OK)
            >>> and then sends ist via Fedex (120 USD) will be 520 USD without
            >>> customs etc.
            >>> That´s ab. 350 Euro, sold in Germany for 460 Euro - so what ?
            >>> NO warranty (only in US) and if customs get me 30% of 350 = 105
            >>> Euros to
            >>> add.
            >>> Then it makes really NO difference - you got a lens for the same
            >>> price but
            >>> with no EU warranty :-(
            >>>
            >>> So check out all issues before you buy the lens in the US.
            >>>
            >>> Ciao
            >>> mike
            >>> www.360de.de (relaunched)
            >>>

            >>> ----------------------------------

          • Ricardo Araujo
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
              Hi Paul,

              Yes, it's true but it's against the Brazilian law. In fact, it's a crime
              in Brazil.

              Regards,

              Ricardo

              acessar o site <http://www.tourvirtualbrasil.com.br>

              pau valiente escreveu:

              > Hi Ayrton,
              > it's funny you say that because a person that works with me is
              > brasilian and told me that she buyed on B&H also because there is a
              > special sub-web for brasil and she got things at a good price when
              > she lived in brasil.
              > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?
              > <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?>
              > O=NavBar&A=changeLanguge&Q=&ul=P&umse=0
              >
              > pau valiente
              > www.pau.cc
              >
              > El 30/04/2008, a las 23:43, AYRTON escribió:
              >
              > > Guys you're all happy and don't know :-)TAXes to enter in Brasil
              > > is 100% on
              > > top of US price :-(
              > >
              > > AYRTON
              > >

              > > On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 5:24 PM, pau valiente <groups@...
              > <mailto:groups%40pau.cc>> wrote:
              > >
              > >> Well, I did buy two canon 10-22 and one sigma 18-200 from US,
              > >> actually I count on the TAX cost 16% in spain and some cost of
              > >> customs 7% for electronic devices plus some cost of the customs
              > >> clearance by UPS.
              > >>
              > >> When I did the comparision, the three lenses on pixmania (a low cost
              > >> european online shop) did cost 2115 euros including shipping. It cost
              > >> me 1418 euros the lenses and the shipping and after I had to pay to
              > >> UPS 300 euros of tax, customs and customs clearance. So we paid 614
              > >> euros for the 10-22 lens and 489 for the sigma 18-22.
              > >> And about the guarantee, you have the US guarantee from the shop, and
              > >> also you can buy a extension of the guarantee from canon spain (what
              > >> I did) or canon Germany, for a small amount.
              > >> Hope it helps.....
              > >>
              > >> pau valiente
              > >> www.pau.cc

            • Fernando Chaves
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
                Hi,
                "special sub-web for brasil" means smuggle, contrebande, contrabando.
                B&H sells this way in Brasil since 1998, at least.
                Best regards,
                Fernando

                Quoting pau valiente <groupsXpau.cc>:

                > Hi Ayrton,
                > it's funny you say that because a person that works with me is
                > brasilian and told me that she buyed on B&H also because there is a
                > special sub-web for brasil and she got things at a good price when
                > she lived in brasil.
                > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?
                > O=NavBar&A=changeLanguge&Q=&ul=P&umse=0
                >

                > pau valiente
                > www.pau.cc
              • Rodolpho Pajuaba
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
                  Just to make things a little clearer:
                  The taxes Ayrton mentioned are over goods imported by regular importers;
                  actually, the tax amount is about 60-70%, plus the importer´s profit,
                  which amounts to about 100%. On the other hand, when one imports a good
                  by mail, with prices up to US$ 3.000,00, the tax is 60% plus S&H;
                  sometimes is 60% over S&H too. The sub-web you mention is the so-called
                  Brazil Special, and was created by B&H to feed the brazilian market with
                  imports that enters Brazil below the radar of the Receita Federal, the
                  office responsible for the duties. It´s way more expensive - and yet
                  less so than when with the official taxes - and WAAAAAY slower, being
                  the usual a 45-days delivery, sometimes amounting to 3 months - due to
                  the, errrr, "unofficialness" of the transaction. Unfortunately it´s an
                  usual commercial behaviour here, a direct result of the imports policy,
                  and is what we call here "To create difficulties to sell the facility".
                  Regards,
                  Rodolpho Pajuaba

                • pau valiente
                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
                    Ricardo, Fernando, I didn't know about that. It's then a very
                    "shameless" way of selling. Aren't the brazilian customs controlling
                    the packages of B&H only or there are more vendors doing this kind of
                    sell?

                    pau valiente
                    www.pau.cc

                  • pau valiente
                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
                      Rodolpho, I've now understood.
                      Thanks!

                      pau valiente
                      www.pau.cc

                      >>> http://rio.360cities.net
                      >>> http://vrfolio.com
                      >>> http://ayrton.com

                      >>> --

                    • AYRTON
                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
                        WoowwwwRodolpho is our man to write in a perfect english :-)
                        and make it all clear.
                        Thank Pajú to help me out
                        Abraços
                        AYRTON