Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Best Flash Player: krpano

  • Georgia Real Tours
    Message 1 of 65 , Apr 29 9:48 PM
      Hi Milko and Ayrton, and everyone,

      On 4/27/08, Milko K. Amorth <panotools@...> wrote:

      > Hi Robert
      > >
      > > All I get is a black empy page.
      > >

      > Strange. The index page is just a black splash page with a index.swf
      > embedded.
      > Requires Flash 9,0,28,0 minimum or gives you a noscript/install request
      > if not present.
      > Viewer demos are here:
      > http://www.lucid.it/viewer/index.html

      Thank you; I suspected as much.

      And thank you for sending a direct link to the viewer, it was very
      kind. :cD Unfortunately, I won't be needing it (though others here
      might).

      <rant>
      I don't waste my time with websites whose webmasters are too lazy to
      code using web standards and simply resort to (mis)using non-standard
      proprietary systems that are designed to be multimedia presentation
      tools and not web development tools. And there is no excuse for being
      so friggin' lazy that a standards-based navigation isn't added to all
      the salient pages. Same goes for data that is sought... it should be
      available outside of Flash, even if it is a static, "boring" picture
      and black-and-white text.

      The only thing that should require Flash on this site are the
      examples, and rightly so since they are multimedia presentations and
      the system is Flash-based for those presentations. But Flash should
      *never* be used for navigation without a non-flash standards-compliant
      alternative, and the information should also be available.
      </rant>

      As for trying it out on another browser, I'll get the same result. ::grin::

      Cheers,
      Robert~

      P.S., I have the same problem with papervision3d.org. ~:(

      --
      Mid GA: 478-599-1300
      ATL: 678-438-6955
      Message 65 of 65 , May 3, 2008
        Alan Pinstein wrote:
        > Where did you read that KRPano is built on Papervision? I just read a
        > long interview with him, and to me it doesn't sound like he uses
        > Papervision at all...
        Alan,

        You're right. In fact I posted my own correction the following day. I
        also encouraged / help Klaus join this forum so we can all benefit more
        directly from his input.

        Thanks for the article links. We can obviously look forward to great
        things from Klaus. The panning smoothness alone is impressive.

        --
        Scott Witte