Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Best Flash Player: krpano

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 65 , Apr 29 6:01 PM
      On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:45:30 +0900, Hans Nyberg <hans@...> wrote:

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Flemming V. Larsen" <fvl@...> wrote:

      This seems to me a very elegant approach. I like the fact that the small
      panorama loads quickly and that clicking on the "full screen" button
      immediately gives me a reasonable quality display, with the higher full-
      screen resolution image starting to load in background at once. The switch
      over to the true high-res image (appreciably better, of course!) is also
      smooth and automatic. Very nice indeed, and requiring little user
      knowledge other than recognizing the "full-screen" button.

      I also like the fact that the large files can be hosted on MY server...
      and the customers can easily fine-tune the presentation of the smaller
      images.

      I think I will try to imitate this. Or maybe even duplicate it if you
      are prepared to help...

      Roger W.

      --
      Work: www.adex-japan.com
      Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
      Message 65 of 65 , May 3, 2008
        Alan Pinstein wrote:
        > Where did you read that KRPano is built on Papervision? I just read a
        > long interview with him, and to me it doesn't sound like he uses
        > Papervision at all...
        Alan,

        You're right. In fact I posted my own correction the following day. I
        also encouraged / help Klaus join this forum so we can all benefit more
        directly from his input.

        Thanks for the article links. We can obviously look forward to great
        things from Klaus. The panning smoothness alone is impressive.

        --
        Scott Witte