RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Best Flash Player: krpano

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 65 , Apr 29 11:35 AM
      Finally I got to it, and it was as easy as I thought.

      http://www.seeit360.net/ashton/index_s.html

      This uses the standard swfobject.js

      Basically, if the window size is less than 800 width it loads the small xml.

      It could be tailored to go through screen resolutions/window sizes and load
      a tiered system of xmls..

      Which themselves would only need a find and replace to change out the
      panoramas.

      So, for testing, drag the window small, and refresh. You get the small rez..
      maximize and refresh you get the big size. These are for window sizes..

      For screen resolution, you'd use
      screen.width
      screen.height

      Like everything, it probably doesn't work on x browser on x system and you'd
      have to research the workarounds. The only thought issue, is whether someone
      will maximize after loading the page.. probably not. Some people like to
      stick the browser in the corner along with other applications.. so window
      size would be more useful.

      This code is also used for knowing when to maximize or change the window of
      fullscreen pages. Most pages don't check the window size, and resize anyway.
      This creates the super annoying effect of UN-Maximizing your browser or
      moving it.

      if (navigator.plugins && navigator.plugins.length >0) {

      thiswidth = window.outerWidth;

      }

      else {

      thiswidth = document.body.clientWidth + 36;

      }

      if (thiswidth < 800) {

      so.addVariable("xml_file","data_s.xml");

      }

      else {

      so.addVariable("xml_file","data.xml");

      }

      Message 65 of 65 , May 3, 2008
        Alan Pinstein wrote:
        > Where did you read that KRPano is built on Papervision? I just read a
        > long interview with him, and to me it doesn't sound like he uses
        > Papervision at all...
        Alan,

        You're right. In fact I posted my own correction the following day. I
        also encouraged / help Klaus join this forum so we can all benefit more
        directly from his input.

        Thanks for the article links. We can obviously look forward to great
        things from Klaus. The panning smoothness alone is impressive.

        --
        Scott Witte