Re: [PanoToolsNG] [ANN] 360Precision Atome - Lens Clasp Panoramic Tripod Head

  • Matthew Rogers
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 29, 2008
      Hi Dan,

      The Atome is limited on features to keep both the weight and cost
      down and make it as simple to use as possible. We always take
      suggestions on board and if we receive enough demand for a certain
      feature then we will look into it.

      1. There's no locking mechanism but you can always tighten the ball
      plunger to stop the head from spinning.

      2. Not really, there's only the main barrel and bearings in common.
      We seriously thought about making the Y section universal but this
      would add to the weight, size and cost of the head. When we looked at
      the number of current customers using multiple fisheye lenses compared
      to just one it didn�t make sense. Keeping the Atome specific to one
      set-up benefits both the largest number of customers and the product
      itself.

      Matt

      On 29 Apr 2008, at 15:29, dsoc01 wrote:

      > Hi Matthew,
      >
      > 1. Is the rotational feature of the rotator-base optionally
      > "lockable" to prevent lens/camera combo from flopping around? If it
      > is lockable, is it also possible to have the lens/camera to spin
      > free ("clutchless") for accurate placement before lock-down?
      >
      > 2. Can the same base rotator be use with a Nikon 10.5mm AND Sigma
      > 8mm with the appropriate lens clasp, assuming the click-stops are
      > adjustable? Or is each base specific for each lens (:-() ?
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Dan
      >
      > At 1:26 PM +0100 4/29/08, Matthew Rogers wrote:
      > >360Precision product announcement.

    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 29, 2008
        On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Matthew Rogers <matthew@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi AYRTON,
        > Definitely, I use my 10-17 more and more and would love a 10-17
        > Atome for myself.

        OK
        so put me on waiting list for the Tokina 10-17 :-)

        Cheers and again congratulations on a beautifull designed head.

        AYRTON

        | A Y R |
        | T O N |

        + 55 21 9982 6313