Re: Sigma 8mm f:3.5 Fisheye with Nikon mount

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 28, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Carlos Chegado <carloschegado@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Anyone know were can I order a Sigma 8mm f:3.5 Fisheye with Nikon mount?
      > Here in Portugal looks like I will have to wait 4 or more weeks until
      > one arrives!

      Hi Carlos

      Have you switched to the "enemies"

      You should wait for the update
      http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=157341

      I am looking forward especially to the G&N Mode

      Hans
    • Carlos Chegado
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 28, 2008
        Hi Hans,

        No, I was a long time Nikon user before I switched to Canon, so I have
        friends on both sides of the fence.
        I even use some Nikkor lenses with my Canon Gear!!!

        Ok, I haven't decided yet, could be that I buy the Sigma 8mm f:3.5
        Fisheye with the Canon Mount after all!!!

        Any suggestions where???

        Os melhores cumprimentos,
        Best regards,

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Carlos Chegado

        Olho de Peixe Lda

        ====================================

        ====================================

      • panokaemena@mac.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 29, 2008
          Hello Carlos

          best source pricewise and and by availability is jordiphoto in BCN

          http://www.jordibasfoto.com/interior2.asp?pagina=3&bmarca=Sigma
          however they send only within Spain but maybe you have any friend in
          Spain who can forward it to you.

          Willy Kaemena

          http://bremen.360cities.net/
          http://syria.360cities.net/
          http://lisbon.360cities.net/

          On Apr 28, 2008, at 17:29, Carlos Chegado wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > Anyone know were can I order a Sigma 8mm f:3.5 Fisheye with Nikon
          > mount?
          > Here in Portugal looks like I will have to wait 4 or more weeks until
          > one arrives!
          >
          > --
          >
          > Os melhores cumprimentos,
          > Best regards,
          >
          > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          >
          > Carlos Chegado
          >
          > Olho de Peixe Lda

          Willy Kaemena

          http://bremen.360cities.net/
          http://syria.360cities.net/
          http://lisbon.360cities.net/

        • pau valiente
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
            Carlos,
            it will be better to buy it in US because with the dollar-euro
            difference the cost will be smaller as you will get it in europe,
            still if you count the tax and shipping ....
            I did buy two lenses on B&H photo NY and it arrived within one week ....
            Here you have the links:
            canon:
            http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/440665-REG/
            Sigma_485101_8mm_f_3_5_EX_DG.html
            nikon:
            http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/440661-REG/
            Sigma_485306_8mm_f_3_5_EX_DG.html

            Salud!

            pau valiente
            www.pau.cc

            El 28/04/2008, a las 17:29, Carlos Chegado escribió:

            > Hi,
            >
            > Anyone know were can I order a Sigma 8mm f:3.5 Fisheye with Nikon
            > mount?
            > Here in Portugal looks like I will have to wait 4 or more weeks until
            > one arrives!
            >

            > --
            >
            > Os melhores cumprimentos,
            > Best regards,
            >
            > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            >
            > Carlos Chegado
            >
            > Olho de Peixe Lda
            >
            > ====================================

            > www.carloschegado.com>

          • ptgroup
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
              Watchout !!
              European Airports are very picky on US tourists at the moment.
              That´s of course due to the Euro/USD rate.

              When you let it send by the seller: you probably have no chance to pass
              without custom.
              So add ab. 30% for custom & feee (Germany) plus the additional shipping the
              seller requiers.

              It came out for me, that a Tokina 10-17 fisheye for 499 USD send to a firen
              who prechecks it (right mount, basic function OK)
              and then sends ist via Fedex (120 USD) will be 520 USD without customs etc.
              That´s ab. 350 Euro, sold in Germany for 460 Euro - so what ?
              NO warranty (only in US) and if customs get me 30% of 350 = 105 Euros to
              add.
              Then it makes really NO difference - you got a lens for the same price but
              with no EU warranty :-(

              So check out all issues before you buy the lens in the US.

              Ciao
              mike
              www.360de.de (relaunched)

              ----------------------------------

              it will be better to buy it in US because with the dollar-euro
              difference the cost will be smaller as you will get it in europe,
              still if you count the tax and shipping ....
              I did buy two lenses on B&H photo NY and it arrived within one week ....
              Here you have the links:
              canon:
              http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/440665-REG/
              Sigma_485101_8mm_f_3_5_EX_DG.html
              nikon:
              http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/440661-REG/
              Sigma_485306_8mm_f_3_5_EX_DG.html

              Salud!

              pau valiente
              www.pau.cc

              El 28/04/2008, a las 17:29, Carlos Chegado escribió:

              > Hi,
              >
              > Anyone know were can I order a Sigma 8mm f:3.5 Fisheye with Nikon
              > mount?
              > Here in Portugal looks like I will have to wait 4 or more weeks until
              > one arrives!
              >

              > --
              >
              > Os melhores cumprimentos,
              > Best regards,
              >
              > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              >
              > Carlos Chegado
              >
              > Olho de Peixe Lda
              >
              > ====================================

              > www.carloschegado.com>

              Checked by AVG.
              07:26

            • ptgroup
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
                Addition:
                I got mine here:
                http://tinyurl.com/57uu44

                629 € is not a bad price - for Germany.

                ciao
                mike
                www.360de.de (relaunched)

                ----------------------------------

                it will be better to buy it in US because with the dollar-euro
                difference the cost will be smaller as you will get it in europe,
                still if you count the tax and shipping ....
                I did buy two lenses on B&H photo NY and it arrived within one week ....
                Here you have the links:
                canon:
                http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/440665-REG/
                Sigma_485101_8mm_f_3_5_EX_DG.html
                nikon:
                http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/440661-REG/
                Sigma_485306_8mm_f_3_5_EX_DG.html

                Salud!

                pau valiente
                www.pau.cc

                El 28/04/2008, a las 17:29, Carlos Chegado escribió:

                > Hi,
                >
                > Anyone know were can I order a Sigma 8mm f:3.5 Fisheye with Nikon
                > mount?
                > Here in Portugal looks like I will have to wait 4 or more weeks until
                > one arrives!
                >

                > --
                >
                > Os melhores cumprimentos,
                > Best regards,
                >
                > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                >
                > Carlos Chegado
                >
                > Olho de Peixe Lda
                >
                > ====================================

                > www.carloschegado.com>

                Checked by AVG.
                07:26

              • pau valiente
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
                  Well, I did buy two canon 10-22 and one sigma 18-200 from US,
                  actually I count on the TAX cost 16% in spain and some cost of
                  customs 7% for electronic devices plus some cost of the customs
                  clearance by UPS.

                  When I did the comparision, the three lenses on pixmania (a low cost
                  european online shop) did cost 2115 euros including shipping. It cost
                  me 1418 euros the lenses and the shipping and after I had to pay to
                  UPS 300 euros of tax, customs and customs clearance. So we paid 614
                  euros for the 10-22 lens and 489 for the sigma 18-22.
                  And about the guarantee, you have the US guarantee from the shop, and
                  also you can buy a extension of the guarantee from canon spain (what
                  I did) or canon Germany, for a small amount.
                  Hope it helps.....

                  pau valiente
                  www.pau.cc

                • AYRTON
                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
                    Guys you're all happy and don't know :-)TAXes to enter in Brasil is 100% on
                    top of US price :-(

                    AYRTON

                    ------------
                    | A Y R |
                    | T O N |
                    ------------

                    + 55 21 9982 6313

                    http://ayrton360.com
                    http://rio.360cities.net
                    http://vrfolio.com
                    http://ayrton.com

                  • pau valiente
                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
                      Hi Ayrton,
                      it's funny you say that because a person that works with me is
                      brasilian and told me that she buyed on B&H also because there is a
                      special sub-web for brasil and she got things at a good price when
                      she lived in brasil.
                      http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?
                      O=NavBar&A=changeLanguge&Q=&ul=P&umse=0

                      pau valiente
                      www.pau.cc

                      El 30/04/2008, a las 23:43, AYRTON escribió:

                      > Guys you're all happy and don't know :-)TAXes to enter in Brasil
                      > is 100% on
                      > top of US price :-(
                      >
                      > AYRTON
                      >

                      > On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 5:24 PM, pau valiente <groups@...> wrote:
                      >
                      >> Well, I did buy two canon 10-22 and one sigma 18-200 from US,
                      >> actually I count on the TAX cost 16% in spain and some cost of
                      >> customs 7% for electronic devices plus some cost of the customs
                      >> clearance by UPS.
                      >>
                      >> When I did the comparision, the three lenses on pixmania (a low cost
                      >> european online shop) did cost 2115 euros including shipping. It cost
                      >> me 1418 euros the lenses and the shipping and after I had to pay to
                      >> UPS 300 euros of tax, customs and customs clearance. So we paid 614
                      >> euros for the 10-22 lens and 489 for the sigma 18-22.
                      >> And about the guarantee, you have the US guarantee from the shop, and
                      >> also you can buy a extension of the guarantee from canon spain (what
                      >> I did) or canon Germany, for a small amount.
                      >> Hope it helps.....
                      >>
                      >> pau valiente
                      >> www.pau.cc
                      >>

                      >> El 30/04/2008, a las 22:03, ptgroup escribió:
                      >>
                      >>> Watchout !!
                      >>> European Airports are very picky on US tourists at the moment.
                      >>> That´s of course due to the Euro/USD rate.
                      >>>
                      >>> When you let it send by the seller: you probably have no chance to
                      >>> pass
                      >>> without custom.
                      >>> So add ab. 30% for custom & feee (Germany) plus the additional
                      >>> shipping the
                      >>> seller requiers.
                      >>>
                      >>> It came out for me, that a Tokina 10-17 fisheye for 499 USD send to
                      >>> a firen
                      >>> who prechecks it (right mount, basic function OK)
                      >>> and then sends ist via Fedex (120 USD) will be 520 USD without
                      >>> customs etc.
                      >>> That´s ab. 350 Euro, sold in Germany for 460 Euro - so what ?
                      >>> NO warranty (only in US) and if customs get me 30% of 350 = 105
                      >>> Euros to
                      >>> add.
                      >>> Then it makes really NO difference - you got a lens for the same
                      >>> price but
                      >>> with no EU warranty :-(
                      >>>
                      >>> So check out all issues before you buy the lens in the US.
                      >>>
                      >>> Ciao
                      >>> mike
                      >>> www.360de.de (relaunched)
                      >>>

                      >>> ----------------------------------

                    • Ricardo Araujo
                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
                        Hi Paul,

                        Yes, it's true but it's against the Brazilian law. In fact, it's a crime
                        in Brazil.

                        Regards,

                        Ricardo

                        acessar o site <http://www.tourvirtualbrasil.com.br>

                        pau valiente escreveu:

                        > Hi Ayrton,
                        > it's funny you say that because a person that works with me is
                        > brasilian and told me that she buyed on B&H also because there is a
                        > special sub-web for brasil and she got things at a good price when
                        > she lived in brasil.
                        > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?
                        > <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?>
                        > O=NavBar&A=changeLanguge&Q=&ul=P&umse=0
                        >
                        > pau valiente
                        > www.pau.cc
                        >
                        > El 30/04/2008, a las 23:43, AYRTON escribió:
                        >
                        > > Guys you're all happy and don't know :-)TAXes to enter in Brasil
                        > > is 100% on
                        > > top of US price :-(
                        > >
                        > > AYRTON
                        > >

                        > > On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 5:24 PM, pau valiente <groups@...
                        > <mailto:groups%40pau.cc>> wrote:
                        > >
                        > >> Well, I did buy two canon 10-22 and one sigma 18-200 from US,
                        > >> actually I count on the TAX cost 16% in spain and some cost of
                        > >> customs 7% for electronic devices plus some cost of the customs
                        > >> clearance by UPS.
                        > >>
                        > >> When I did the comparision, the three lenses on pixmania (a low cost
                        > >> european online shop) did cost 2115 euros including shipping. It cost
                        > >> me 1418 euros the lenses and the shipping and after I had to pay to
                        > >> UPS 300 euros of tax, customs and customs clearance. So we paid 614
                        > >> euros for the 10-22 lens and 489 for the sigma 18-22.
                        > >> And about the guarantee, you have the US guarantee from the shop, and
                        > >> also you can buy a extension of the guarantee from canon spain (what
                        > >> I did) or canon Germany, for a small amount.
                        > >> Hope it helps.....
                        > >>
                        > >> pau valiente
                        > >> www.pau.cc

                      • Fernando Chaves
                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
                          Hi,
                          "special sub-web for brasil" means smuggle, contrebande, contrabando.
                          B&H sells this way in Brasil since 1998, at least.
                          Best regards,
                          Fernando

                          Quoting pau valiente <groupsXpau.cc>:

                          > Hi Ayrton,
                          > it's funny you say that because a person that works with me is
                          > brasilian and told me that she buyed on B&H also because there is a
                          > special sub-web for brasil and she got things at a good price when
                          > she lived in brasil.
                          > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?
                          > O=NavBar&A=changeLanguge&Q=&ul=P&umse=0
                          >

                          > pau valiente
                          > www.pau.cc
                        • Rodolpho Pajuaba
                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
                            Just to make things a little clearer:
                            The taxes Ayrton mentioned are over goods imported by regular importers;
                            actually, the tax amount is about 60-70%, plus the importer´s profit,
                            which amounts to about 100%. On the other hand, when one imports a good
                            by mail, with prices up to US$ 3.000,00, the tax is 60% plus S&H;
                            sometimes is 60% over S&H too. The sub-web you mention is the so-called
                            Brazil Special, and was created by B&H to feed the brazilian market with
                            imports that enters Brazil below the radar of the Receita Federal, the
                            office responsible for the duties. It´s way more expensive - and yet
                            less so than when with the official taxes - and WAAAAAY slower, being
                            the usual a 45-days delivery, sometimes amounting to 3 months - due to
                            the, errrr, "unofficialness" of the transaction. Unfortunately it´s an
                            usual commercial behaviour here, a direct result of the imports policy,
                            and is what we call here "To create difficulties to sell the facility".
                            Regards,
                            Rodolpho Pajuaba

                          • pau valiente
                            Message 13 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
                              Ricardo, Fernando, I didn't know about that. It's then a very
                              "shameless" way of selling. Aren't the brazilian customs controlling
                              the packages of B&H only or there are more vendors doing this kind of
                              sell?

                              pau valiente
                              www.pau.cc

                            • pau valiente
                              Message 14 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
                                Rodolpho, I've now understood.
                                Thanks!

                                pau valiente
                                www.pau.cc

                                >>> http://rio.360cities.net
                                >>> http://vrfolio.com
                                >>> http://ayrton.com

                                >>> --

                              • AYRTON
                                Message 15 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
                                  WoowwwwRodolpho is our man to write in a perfect english :-)
                                  and make it all clear.
                                  Thank Pajú to help me out
                                  Abraços
                                  AYRTON