NPP for a Sigma 10mm F2.8 Fisheye Lens?

  • Gary Beck
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2008
      After a year or so reading this list, and having taken a ton of
      rectilinear panos, I want to try a fisheye and 360 panos.

      I remember seeing a reference on this list to someone that had a
      rather elaborate description of finding NPP points for a fisheye lens,
      with a row of lego blocks at 0, 30, 60 and 90 degree points. I've
      been looking for this in the archives and can't find it. Can someone
      point me to this again?

      Also, anyone make a recommendation for a starting point for the NPP
      for this lens to start taking shots? As I gain experience I can fine
      tune from there.

      thanks much.

      -gbeck
    • Philip Warner
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25, 2008
        Gary,

        I've had good stitches using the point about 1mm back from the gold
        band. After using this point I haven't touched the control point tab
        in PTGui

        Sigma 10mm NPP http://www.flickr.com/photos/philwarner/2370175656/

        Let me know how it works for you.

        Phil
      • Gary Beck
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 26, 2008
          Thanks, will give that a try! And compare to a method sent to me using a
          bright light through the viewfinder for finding the NPP.
          thanks again.

          -gbeck