Re: Camera settings to create panos

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2008
      On Thursday, April 24, 2008 at 15:41, marcomarilyn wrote:

      > All I want to know is what setting to use on our camera to create
      > panos. Camera we are using is a Nikon D200 with a flash Nikon
      > Speedlight SB-600. The manual is confusing but I am very good at
      > figuring things out on my own, I don't know where to start. Does
      > anyone have any suggestions, or are familiar with this camera?

      I'm not familiar with that particular camera, but there are some
      basics:
      - shoot with fixed exposure (manual mode, most likely identified by
      an M on the camera program dial)
      - shoot with fixed white balance. (should be accessible via menu).
      White balance can be adjusted afterwards if you shoot RAW.
      - shoot with fixed focus (eventually set to infinity).

      A flash is difficult to use for panoramas. That's definitely an
      advanced technique. Better than a flash is currently to use available
      light and eventually shoot bracketed and use a tool like enfuse
      http://wiki.panotools.org/Enfuse or the PTGui internal fusing tool.

      May be you find something in to tutorial section of the wiki,
      especially: http://wiki.panotools.org/Tutorials#Photography

      best regards