Re: [PanoToolsNG] RE: removing people from architecture?

  • Georgia Real Tours
    Message 1 of 29 , Apr 24, 2008
      On 4/24/08, matt smith <masmith@...> wrote:

      > We use imagemagick
      > for resizing on our server.

      :cD Glad to hear that you have in-house experience with it; from what
      I've heard and seen, it is not for the faint-of-heart, like a level 7
      D&D spell. (sorry, with a name like ImageMagick, I couldn't resist
      the geek reference!)

      > "Change_Mask (Make similar pixels transparent)
      > This is an unusual method that will only make specific pixels in the
      > destination image full-transparent. That is the pixels in the
      > destination image that matches the given source image, according to
      > the current Fuzz Factor setting.
      >
      > This can be used for example to re-add transparency to an image that
      > was overlaid onto a complex (but very different) background. For
      > example, this was exactly the problem presented by Jesper Eije...
      > convert bgnd_overlaid.png bgnd.png \
      > -compose ChangeMask -composite bgnd_removed.png
      >
      > "
      >
      > from http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/compose/#difference

      Amazing how many different methods there are to accomplish similar
      tasks. Sometimes the hardest part is figuring out which method to
      use. :c)

      > Looks like I might get the transparent in a flash file thrown in as
      > well.
      >
      > THANKS!!!!!!!!

      Happy to help. Say, if you come up with a really simple script or a
      CLI command, would you be willing to share? I can see that being
      Really Useful for panos as well as plain ol' photos, and my IM
      knowledge is maxed out just knowing it exists.

      In Peace,
      Robert~

      --
      Mid GA: 478-599-1300