Virtually Dartmoor

  • sphereworks
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 23, 2008
      Hi,

      A while ago a few people where interested when I sugested I might
      upload all of the full screen VR images that we provided to the
      Virtually Dartmoor website. I have created a few pages with these on
      now. If you are interested in viewing them please click on the
      following link -

      http://www.sphereworks.co.uk/virtually_dartmoor.php

      Cheers,

      Peter
      www.sphereworks.co.uk
    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 23, 2008
        That's very nice.

        I'm afraid to say it, but the other scrolling method of the integrated tour
        makes me frustrated and tired after only a few nodes.

        The full screens feel like we've been freed to run through the hills and
        play in the sun.

        Sacha Griffin

        Southern Digital Solutions LLC

        http://www.southern-digital.com

        http://www.seeit360.net

        404-551-4275

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 24, 2008
          Yes I know what you mean, it frustrated us at first. The site was
          designed a few years ago and at the time that was the most
          appropriate method of displaying the images - I don't think they knew
          about VR back then. The content on the site is fantastic though,
          despite the method of displaying the panoramic images is still the
          best tour I've seen on the web so far. There is so much information
          on the site.

          Cheers,

          Pete
          www.sphereworks.co.uk

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Sacha Griffin"
          <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

          > That's very nice.
          >
          > I'm afraid to say it, but the other scrolling method of the
          integrated tour
          > makes me frustrated and tired after only a few nodes.
          >
          > The full screens feel like we've been freed to run through the
          hills and
          > play in the sun.
          >

          > Sacha Griffin
          >
          > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
          >
          > http://www.southern-digital.com
          >
          > http://www.seeit360.net
          >
          > 404-551-4275

        • Lou
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 28, 2008
            Hi,
            Just caught up with messages. How are these panoramas done? Video?
            Thanks,

            Lou

            At 12:07 AM 4/24/2008 +0000, you wrote:
            >Hi,
            >
            >A while ago a few people where interested when I sugested I might
            >upload all of the full screen VR images that we provided to the
            >Virtually Dartmoor website. I have created a few pages with these on
            >now. If you are interested in viewing them please click on the
            >following link -
            >
            ><http://www.sphereworks.co.uk/virtually_dartmoor.php>http://www.sphereworks.co.uk/virtually_dartmoor.php
            >
            >Cheers,
            >
            >Peter
            >www.sphereworks.co.uk

          • Sacha Griffin
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 28, 2008
              I certainly agree. The content is very rich. Something every tour should
              strive for.

              If I were you.. I would make a personal template using the content and
              replacing scrolling flash stuff with windowed + toggle fullscreen 360s..,
              and also do something with the photos to fill the frame tighter, with a
              basic frame perhaps. Then it'd rock. I love the audio stories.

              <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

              > That's very nice.
              >
              > I'm afraid to say it, but the other scrolling method of the
              integrated tour
              > makes me frustrated and tired after only a few nodes.
              >
              > The full screens feel like we've been freed to run through the
              hills and
              > play in the sun.
              >

              > Sacha Griffin
              >
              > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
              >
              > http://www.southern-digital.com
              >
              > http://www.seeit360.net
              >
              > 404-551-4275
              >

              > From: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>
              > A while ago a few people where interested when I sugested I might
              > upload all of the full screen VR images that we provided to the
              > Virtually Dartmoor website. I have created a few pages with these
              on
              > now. If you are interested in viewing them please click on the
              > following link -
              >
              > http://www.sphereworks.co.uk/virtually_dartmoor.php
              >
              > Cheers,
              >
              > Peter
              > www.sphereworks.co.uk

            • sphereworks
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 29, 2008
                Video, no... The ones on the Virtually Dartmoor site are cropped
                equi's. The images on our site are the same ones but in the full
                screen VR format. All images taken with an SLR camera except the
                first project which was with iPIX.

                Pete
                www.sphereworks.co.uk