VR from the Cloisters in NYC

  • Mark D. Fink
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 21 4:37 PM
      Hi all,

      The NYC360photo group had a get together at the Cloisters in NYC this
      Sunday. I'm uploading my first VR and thought I'd share it with you. It's a
      big file - 10MB, so it will take awhile to load.

      www.pinnacle-vr.com/cloisters

      Enjoy!

      Mark

      www.nyc.360cities.net <http://www.nyc.360cities.net/>

      www.pinnacle-vr.com <http://www.pinnacle-vr.com/>

      www.northernlight.net <http://www.northernlight.net/>

    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 21 5:54 PM
        On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 08:37:41 +0900, Mark D. Fink
        <markdfink@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >

        > The NYC360photo group had a get together at the Cloisters in NYC this
        > Sunday. I'm uploading my first VR and thought I'd share it with you.
        > It's a
        > big file - 10MB, so it will take awhile to load.
        >

        > www.pinnacle-vr.com/cloisters
        >

        > Enjoy!
        >

        > Mark
        >
        > www.nyc.360cities.net <http://www.nyc.360cities.net/>
        >
        > www.pinnacle-vr.com <http://www.pinnacle-vr.com/>
        >
        > www.northernlight.net <http://www.northernlight.net/>

        Mark, your website times out before giving any kind of response.
        Maybe down for maintenance? Anyway, thought you might like to know.

        Roger W.

        --
        Work: www.adex-japan.com
        Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 21 6:17 PM
          try this, http://www.pinnacle-vr.com/cloisters/

          There was a space between the dash and the letter v.

          Danny

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 21 6:25 PM
            On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:17:24 +0900, Photo Man
            <groundhog202_2000@...> wrote:

            > try this, http://www.pinnacle-vr.com/cloisters/
            >
            > There was a space between the dash and the letter v.
            >
            > Danny

            Thanks, Danny. I didn't spot that. Your link worked like a charm.

            The wait for the 10MB file was well worth it. I take quite a few
            church interiors, so Mark's panorama was specially interesting to
            me.

            Roger W.

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 22 5:50 AM
              >On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:17:24 +0900, Photo Man
              ><groundhog202_2000@...> wrote:
              >
              >> try this, http://www.pinnacle-vr.com/cloisters/
              >>
              >> There was a space between the dash and the letter v.
              >>
              >> Danny
              >
              >Thanks, Danny. I didn't spot that. Your link worked like a charm.
              >
              >The wait for the 10MB file was well worth it. I take quite a few
              >church interiors, so Mark's panorama was specially interesting to
              >me.
              >
              >Roger W.
              >
              >--
              >Work: www.adex-japan.com
              >Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger

              Roger,

              I'm glad you enjoyed the VR. The Cloisters are an interesting spot at the
              northern end of Manhattan. You can read more details about it here -
              http://www.metmuseum.org/Works_Of_Art/the_cloisters.

              It is a strange experience to step out of Manhattan and into this
              environment. It is even stranger stepping out of the Cloisters and back into
              Manhattan. :o)

              Mark
              www.nyc.360cities.net
              www.pinnacle-vr.com
              www.northernlight.net
            • Roger D. Williams
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 22 6:55 PM
                On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:50:02 +0900, Mark D. Fink
                <markdfink@...> wrote:

                > Roger,
                >
                > I'm glad you enjoyed the VR. The Cloisters are an interesting spot at the
                > northern end of Manhattan. You can read more details about it here -
                > http://www.metmuseum.org/Works_Of_Art/the_cloisters.
                > It is a strange experience to step out of Manhattan and into this
                > environment. It is even stranger stepping out of the Cloisters and back
                > into
                > Manhattan. :o)

                Thank you, Mark. Fascinating. I will definitely visit this museum when I am
                soon...

                Roger W.

                --
                Work: www.adex-japan.com
                Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
              • Alex Spielberg
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 22 7:06 PM
                  Beautiful image Mark.
                  Thanks for sharing it.
                  Alex

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 23 5:10 AM
                    >On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:50:02 +0900, Mark D. Fink
                    ><markdfink@...> wrote:
                    >
                    >> Roger,
                    >>
                    >> I'm glad you enjoyed the VR. The Cloisters are an interesting spot at the
                    >> northern end of Manhattan. You can read more details about it here -
                    >> http://www.metmuseum.org/Works_Of_Art/the_cloisters.
                    >> It is a strange experience to step out of Manhattan and into this
                    >> environment. It is even stranger stepping out of the Cloisters and back
                    >> into
                    >> Manhattan. :o)
                    >
                    >Thank you, Mark. Fascinating. I will definitely visit this museum when I am
                    >soon...
                    >
                    >Roger W.
                    >

                    >--
                    >Work: www.adex-japan.com
                    >Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger

                    If/when you are in New York, let me know. I'm only 1½ hours north of the
                    City and it would be great to meet you. The same goes for anyone on this
                    list who is planning a visit to NYC. I spend too much of my time shooting in
                    a vacuum, so I really appreciate meeting fellow photographers.

                    Mark
                    www.nyc.360cities.net
                    www.pinnacle-vr.com
                    www.northernlight.net