New Panedia Sites

  • Aaron Spence
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 21, 2008
      G'day All,

      Just updating you on some new sites we've launched this week.

      http://panedia.com now points to all the sub sites we're creating.

      The most interesting new site we've launched is our flash panorama -
      Google maps integration. We now have dynamic hotspots being generated
      inside the panorama and updating the google map, while the map markers
      in google maps control the panorama....sounds complicated, but have a
      play it's very simple and a lot of fun:

      http://pano.panedia.com

      (Long blog post details the features: http://is.gd/7Gg)

      This new site also integrates with our existing pano/maps site which
      as been significantly updated as well:

      http://maps.panedia.com

      (Long blog post comparing the Panedia Map site with Streetview:
      http://is.gd/7uA )

      Most of these sites are in preview with a lot more to come, so please
      let me know your thoughts.

      Thanks, Aaron Spence.
      http://panedia.com
    • Flemming V. Larsen
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 21, 2008
        Hi Aaron,

        Nice panos, but in Internet Explorer when I put the cursor over the hotspots
        on the google map the popup-hotspots on the panorama blink like hell -
        and/or shift between nearby hotspots!!
        No problems like that in Opera.

        I'm on WinXP

        - Flemming

        --
        Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere.
        Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at få 55 spam-mails.
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 21, 2008
          G'day Flemming,

          Thanks for the report, are you in IE7 or 6? Did it happen every time
          you moused over the map markers (hotspots) or just the once?

          Aaron.
          http://panedia.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 21, 2008
            IE6 and it was everytime. I first thought it was due to overlapping
            hotspots, but it also happens on isolated hotspots.

            - Flemming

            > Thanks for the report, are you in IE7 or 6? Did it happen every time
            > you moused over the map markers (hotspots) or just the once?
            >
            > Aaron.
            > http://panedia.com
            >
            >> Nice panos, but in Internet Explorer when I put the cursor over the
            > hotspots
            >> on the google map the popup-hotspots on the panorama blink like hell -
            >> and/or shift between nearby hotspots!!

            --
            Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere.
            Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at få 61 spam-mails.
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 22, 2008
              Thanks Flemming,

              We're pushing the envelope on what can be done reliably in a web
              browser by running large flash pano with dynamic hotspots interacting
              with the Google map via javascript etc....I thought it was working OK
              in IE6 but obviously there are still some problems. We'll keep
              working on it...but we may reach a point where we declare the project
              IE6 unsafe, as there is only so much time you can put into a 1.5yr old
              browser before you're throwing money away :)

              BTW: what OS are you running IE6 on? Might help us track down the
              problem.

              Thanks again, Aaron.
              http://panedia.com