Cubic Convertors and your favorite publishing tools....

  • texas_caver
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 20, 2008
      I've been creating equilateral images for sphericals and have been
      quite happy with it. Recently though, I've wanted to learn how to deal
      with cubic projections and QTVR. I'm used to using Immervisions
      product line and in particular I like working with java and that nice
      smooth autopanning (antialiasing/everytime). Can anyone recommend
      software to convert equilateral images to cubic? What are the benefits
      of going with QTVR? Web developers have told me that bandwidth use and
      delivery method are benefits. Does QTVR offer anti aliasing settings
      while in motion? I've never seen autopanning with QTVR. Does it?

      Cheers,

      Ben Kim

      www.esotericvision.com
      ben.kim@...
    • panokaemena@mac.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 20, 2008
        In order to answer at least one question:
        yes QTVR does autopanning
        here an example:

        http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/DB/ICET1KL/

        would be useful to know whether you use PC or Mac.

        Willy

        On Apr 20, 2008, at 21:02, texas_caver wrote:

        > I've been creating equilateral images for sphericals and have been
        > quite happy with it. Recently though, I've wanted to learn how to deal
        > with cubic projections and QTVR. I'm used to using Immervisions
        > product line and in particular I like working with java and that nice
        > smooth autopanning (antialiasing/everytime). Can anyone recommend
        > software to convert equilateral images to cubic? What are the benefits
        > of going with QTVR? Web developers have told me that bandwidth use and
        > delivery method are benefits. Does QTVR offer anti aliasing settings
        > while in motion? I've never seen autopanning with QTVR. Does it?
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Ben Kim
        >
        > www.esotericvision.com
        > ben.kim@...

        Willy Kaemena

        http://bremen.360cities.net/
        http://syria.360cities.net/
        http://lisbon.360cities.net/

      • Freddy Stapersma
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 21, 2008
          To convert equirectangular images to cubic I use the program to cube
          simple and usefull. He is now working on a batch converter but it
          works very good. for around $25.-
          http://tinyurl.com/3szvgw

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "texas_caver" <ben.kim@...> wrote:

          > I've been creating equilateral images for sphericals and have been
          > quite happy with it. Recently though, I've wanted to learn how to
          deal
          > with cubic projections and QTVR. I'm used to using Immervisions
          > product line and in particular I like working with java and that
          nice
          > smooth autopanning (antialiasing/everytime). Can anyone recommend
          > software to convert equilateral images to cubic? What are the
          benefits
          > of going with QTVR? Web developers have told me that bandwidth use
          and
          > delivery method are benefits. Does QTVR offer anti aliasing
          settings
          > while in motion? I've never seen autopanning with QTVR. Does it?
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Ben Kim
          >
          > www.esotericvision.com
          > ben.kim@...

        • steven_mcq
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 21, 2008
            One solution that provides vast additional functionality is the
            Photoshop plug-in, Flexify2, $35.
            http://www.flamingpear.com/flexify.html

            You can apply Flexify2 to your equirectangular images, then click a
            dedicated button for cubic faces output, thus created six separate and
            numbered cubic faces in Photoshop format. Start with very large equi's
            for best results.

            Flexify2 works with the latest version of Irfanview, as well as any
            other image editor that accepts Photoshop plug-ins.

            SMcQ