Re: Nikon 10,5mm with moving people

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2006
      On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:30:29 +0900, Martin Hrdlicka
      <martin.hrdlicka@...> wrote:

      > I'd like to share my first attempt with 10,5mm lens among moving people.
      > I made 10 pictures - 6portrait, 1zenith and three for nadir on my
      > 360precision.
      > http://www.mh360.com
      >
      > I find that is not practical shooting with this lens between moving
      > objects.

      Do you mean it is not practical because of the quality of the finished
      panorama or because of the amount of effort it takes to create them?

      I would say the panoramas work beautifully, and that most of the weirdness
      has been limited to shadows, which many will not notice. There IS one
      poor man who has had to sacrifice his right leg to your panorama.... But
      the quality is quite beautiful (great lens, and you make the best of it).

      But I can imagine how much work it is to clean up the anatominal bits
      and pieces of people at the seams...

      Roger W.

      --
      Work: www.adex-japan.com, Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
    • Martin Hrdlicka
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 2, 2006
        > Do you mean it is not practical because of the quality of the finished
        > panorama or because of the amount of effort it takes to create them?

        Both. First effort was to avoid people which were changing very close
        to the guard and then to predict their movement. I stood there quite
        long time a made a lot of photos. Second effort was to choose the best
        pictures for stitching and then blending and blending the layers. I
        tried to avoid them to come closer because of nadir shooting. This is
        the problem.

        That is why I wait for the new Sigma 8mm/f3,5 lens. It will be more
        suitable for such kind of scene.

        > I would say the panoramas work beautifully, and that most of the
        weirdness
        > has been limited to shadows, which many will not notice. There IS one
        > poor man who has had to sacrifice his right leg to your panorama.... But
        > the quality is quite beautiful (great lens, and you make the best of
        it).

        > But I can imagine how much work it is to clean up the anatominal bits
        > and pieces of people at the seams...
        >
        > Roger W.
        >
        > --
        > Work: www.adex-japan.com, Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger

        I will keep shooting and improving myself.
        Regards Martin