Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: A challenge to Panographers around the world

  • Carlos Chegado - www.netlojas.biz
    Message 1 of 85 , Sep 1, 2006
      Jook,

      I think it is possible to do, Max Lyons has done Gigapixel images, we're
      not aiming that high.
      How long will it take to capture the full sphere using a 35mm objective
      on a full frame camera or a 24mm on a APS-C sensor?

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Carlos Chegado

      Olho de Peixe Lda

      ====================================

      ====================================

      jook360 wrote:

      > I have not done any large multi-row panos like this yet. Wondering
      > how successful is it to shoot 32 pictures at sunset or dusk when the
      > light is fading quickly. Does Enblend work well in cases like this?
      >
      > How about capturing the spherical quickly with a fisheye setup and
      > then changing to a longer lens to capture more detail where it is
      > needed (don't have to shoot water, blank sky or clouds in high res).
      > So will the stitchers work to put a higher res image into a lower res
      > image that is resized up to match the dimensions of the higher res
      > image??
      >
      > This is like building a ROI (region of interest) pano that Helmut D.
      > presented in one of his many projects with Panorama Tools.
      >
      > -Jook
      >
      > On Sep 1, 2006, at 1:51 PM, Hans Nyberg wrote:
      >
      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "Carlos Chegado -
      > > www.netlojas.biz"
      > > <carloschegado@...> wrote:
      > >
      > >> I will print this on a Seiko Color Painter 100S
      > >> <http://www.seiko-i.com/euro/products/ColorPainter100S/index.html
      > <http://www.seiko-i.com/euro/products/ColorPainter100S/index.html>>
      > >> that
      > >> I own, this is at the moment the best combination between High Res
      > >> and
      > >> Large Format, one can stick the nose in it and can't see the dots but
      > >> will need big files at least 10000x10000pix.
      > >
      > > if you reduce the size to 6000x6000 which is 50 ppi you get a
      > > reasonable size in
      > > equirectangular.
      > > 19.000x9.500 is a 32 image multirow with a 24mm on a 5D
      > >
      > > I done a couple of those.
      > >
      > > 50 ppi gives you enough resolution for 3x3m.
      > >

      > > Hans
      > > www.panoramas.dk
      > >

      > Jook Leung Photography
      > 360VR Images - 360 degree Panoramic photography
      > Web: http://360vr.com <http://360vr.com>
      > E-mail: jook@... <mailto:jook%40360vr.com>

    • Bruno Postle
      Message 85 of 85 , Sep 13, 2006
        On Wed 13-Sep-2006 at 11:05 +0200, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:

        > I will hopefully be able to have a prototype made soon too. The roof will probably not be
        > flat, but pyramid-like, and there will be an internal structure inside, including a zig-
        > zag structure to hold the roof. I don't know yet if there will be a printed ceiling. Do
        > you think it would be enough to just "perspective correct" the 4 wedge shapes from a
        > single zenith square?

        Yes, just split the square zenith image into four triangles and
        stretch them to match the shape of the triangle of your pyramid
        sides. This isn't exactly correct, but it will be near enough as
        so long as your pyramid is shallow.

        --
        Bruno